Use the Elastic Stack for search, security, and observability-related use cases while working with large amounts of data on-premise and on the cloud
- Learn the core components of the Elastic Stack and how they work together
- Build search experiences, monitor and observe your environments, and defend your organization from cyber attacks
- Get to grips with common architecture patterns and best practices for successfully deploying the Elastic Stack
The Elastic Stack helps you work with massive volumes of data to power use cases in the search, observability, and security solution areas.
This three-part book starts with an introduction to the Elastic Stack with high-level commentary on the solutions the stack can be leveraged for. The second section focuses on each core component, giving you a detailed understanding of the component and the role it plays. You'll start by working with Elasticsearch to ingest, search, analyze, and store data for your use cases. Next, you'll look at Logstash, Beats, and Elastic Agent as components that can collect, transform, and load data. Later chapters help you use Kibana as an interface to consume Elastic solutions and interact with data on Elasticsearch. The last section explores the three main use cases offered on top of the Elastic Stack. You'll start with a full-text search and look at real-world outcomes powered by search capabilities. Furthermore, you'll learn how the stack can be used to monitor and observe large and complex IT environments. Finally, you'll understand how to detect, prevent, and respond to security threats across your environment. The book ends by highlighting architecture best practices for successful Elastic Stack deployments.
By the end of this book, you'll be able to implement the Elastic Stack and derive value from it.
What You Will Learn:
- Configure Elasticsearch clusters with different node types for various architecture patterns
- Ingest different data sources into Elasticsearch using Logstash, Beats, and Elastic Agent
- Build use cases on Kibana including data visualizations, dashboards, machine learning jobs, and alerts
- Design powerful search experiences on top of your data using the Elastic Stack
- Secure your organization and learn how the Elastic SIEM and Endpoint Security capabilities can help
- Explore common architectural considerations for accommodating more complex requirements
Who this book is for:
Developers and solutions architects looking to get hands-on experience with search, security, and observability-related use cases on the Elastic Stack will find this book useful. This book will also help tech leads and product owners looking to understand the value and outcomes they can derive for their organizations using Elastic technology. No prior knowledge of the Elastic Stack is required.
Related collections and offers
|Product dimensions:||7.50(w) x 9.25(h) x 0.95(d)|