Getting Started With the Propeller introduces you to the Parallax Propeller, a computer-on-a-chip (microcontroller) that combines a custom programming language and a multicore architecture to help you create cool electronics projects. All the information you need to get started is right in the book:
* Learn about the Propeller's development software and hardware.
* Write your first program.
* Read sensors and switches to interact with the outside world.
* Tap into a huge code library for tasks like wav output, USB, and motor control.
* Understand multitasking and the Propeller's architecture.
* Display color text, graphics, and animations on a video monitor.
Once you're comfortable with the basics, the book offers two fun learning projects to expand your knowledge:
* Make a Videogame shows you how to create your own multiplayer lightcycles-style game with color graphics and animation.
* Make a Synth teaches you the basics of audio output with a detailed guide on creating a SID-based synthesizer.
Bonus projects on wireless video, connecting to the Internet and using SD cards are also included to give you more project ideas, and there's plenty of sample code throughout this 110-page book. The Propeller is great tool for prototyping, and Getting Started With the Propeller is the easiest way to get started!
|Sold by:||Barnes & Noble|
|File size:||3 MB|