Ghost Whisperer Suzie: Heaven on Earth

Ghost Whisperer Suzie: Heaven on Earth

by Suzie Price
Ghost Whisperer Suzie: Heaven on Earth

Ghost Whisperer Suzie: Heaven on Earth

by Suzie Price


    Qualifies for Free Shipping
    Choose Expedited Shipping at checkout for delivery by Thursday, March 7
    Check Availability at Nearby Stores

Related collections and offers


We are all connected. Yet we are individuals. There is still much we all can experience and grow from during our journeys in this life and the next. In Ghost Whisperer Suzie-Heaven on Earth, author Suzie Price narrates the story of her life journey-her experiences, her thoughts, her beliefs, and her understanding of spirituality.

Price, known as Ghost Whisperer Suzie, is one of Australia's top psychics and has been featured on television and radio and in magazines and newspapers. She provides a look at her varied life as well as gives insight into her experiences as a physic medium, including her near-death experience as a child. She shares the good and bad and the highs and lows she faced through depression, anxiety, and nervous breakdowns.

Through the stories included in Ghost Whisperer Suzie-Heaven on Earth, Price seeks to inspire others to reach for their dreams, become their best selves, and find success and happiness in life despite the obstacles.

Product Details

ISBN-13: 9781452512808
Publisher: Balboa Press
Publication date: 03/18/2014
Pages: 276
Product dimensions: 5.50(w) x 8.50(h) x 0.58(d)

Read an Excerpt

Ghost Whisperer Suzie

Heaven on Earth

By Suzie Price

Balboa Press

Copyright © 2014 Suzie Price
All rights reserved.
ISBN: 978-1-4525-1280-8


My Origins

To give you proper understanding of who I am, where I came from, and how I got to where I am now, it's best to start at the beginning.

I was born Suzie Daubert in King George Hospital, Sydney, New South Wales, on 30 July 1968, the only child to Sandra Hallesy and Michael George Daubert. I weighed seven pound and six ounces. My mother described me as a beautiful baby; I had big blue eyes and blonde hair, and I was a normal healthy girl.

My mother was twenty-one when I was born and had only been married to my father for about a year. The marriage did not last long after that, as she left him when I was just six weeks old. My mother felt she wasn't supported by my father emotionally or financially. At the time, he couldn't hold down a full-time job, and she didn't want to live week to week not knowing whether he would earn the money to support us. I'm not sure about the exact details of what happened between them, and I have never heard my father's side of the story, but my mother is a very determined and strong woman, and I know she did what she felt was right for herself and for me. I also know that my mother loved my father, as she has said that he was the love of her life. Whatever her reason for leaving my father was, it was her choice to leave, and I'm sure what happened unfolded as it was meant to.

After the first few weeks of my life, I met my father only one time that I remember. I am told he came to see me when I was three years old, but I have no memory of that visit. I do remember that when I was nine years old, he arranged to spend a day with me. He took me to Luna Park, a big amusement park in Sydney. I was nervous and uncomfortable, as I didn't know him. I didn't want to see him, but my mother told me I had to, as he was my father and he really wanted to see his daughter. Reluctantly, I went with him, but I was shy and reserved, and my attitude towards him was generally negative, and I am sure he felt this. He was kind, gentle, and very loving towards me, and I realized that I looked very much like him. We had a good day, and I did enjoy myself, but I was glad to get back home to Mum.

I wish that I had been nicer to him on that day, and when I got older, I wanted to meet him again to get to know him better, but unfortunately, I have had no contact with him since then. I tried to find him for many years once I was old enough. I located his sister, Margaret Daubert, in Alberta, Canada. I phoned her on a few occasions, and we corresponded in letters and emails for a time. I asked her if she knew where my father was, but she said he didn't want me to contact him and didn't give me any details about his whereabouts.

My mother struggled as a single mother for the first couple of years of my life. We lived in a flat in Sydney until I was almost two years old, when we moved into her parents' house in Drummoyne. Also living there at this time were my mother's younger brothers, Terry (nine at that time) and Gary (who was six weeks younger than me) and my mother's younger sister Dorna, although she moved out a few years later, when I was still quite young, so I don't remember much about the time when she was there.

My grandparents, William Daniel and Patricia Joyce Hallesy, were like a second mum and dad to me, and I had a very strong bond with them both. My grandfather was born in Wales and my grandmother was born in Wallasey, Cheshire, England. They had moved to Australia in their mid-twenties with my mother and two uncles after they lost their third child in an accident. In Australia, they had three more children. William, my pop, found work that included carrying big bags of asbestos fibre.

Mum never wanted to have more children after me. She felt that she had had enough of raising children, as from a young age, she had been required to help her mum clean the house and take care of all of her brothers and her sister because her father was old-fashioned and believed that only women should do housework.

Mum and I lived with my grandparents for the next ten years, until I was twelve years old. I went to Drummoyne Public School with my uncle Gary. He and I grew up like brother and sister; when we were little, people thought we were twins. Gary was a very gentle boy, but I was quite lively and had a bit of a naughty streak. When Gary and I would each get a bag of lollies, I would eat all of mine straight away, and Gary would play with his, taking them out of the bag and carefully rolling them on the carpet like little balls. I would quickly pick them up and eat them all. This made Gary very upset, and my grandmother never let me forget about this, as I did this on quite a few occasions.

A loving couple, Harry and Betty, lived a few houses up from Nan's and next door to Harry's twin sister. Harry and Betty had no children of their own, and they spoiled me. I often went to their place to play, and they would give me lots of treats to eat and buy me presents. They even put a swimming pool in their backyard for me. I have a lot of fond memories of spending time at their home throughout my childhood, and I loved them dearly. They were like another set of parents whose only job was to spoil me, and I loved the attention.

My mother was very loving, and although money was very tight for her as a single mum, she always managed to take good care of me. My mum and grandmother often took Gary and me on outings to parks and playgrounds. These were always happy times, as I loved playing at the parks and being pushed on the swings.

When Mum or Nan were angry with me, I would hide, often behind the lounge, because I was scared of being yelled at or spanked, not that much actual spanking took place. I really didn't like being yelled at or getting into trouble with Mum or Nan, and I always cried when I did. Even back then, I was quite sensitive and got upset easily.

As a young child, I was quite outgoing and adventurous. I was very bubbly and would talk to anyone and everyone. My mother told me that as a toddler, I would leave the house when she wasn't looking and go on little adventures, leaving her distraught with worry as she frantically searched for me. I did this enough that she pushed a cupboard in front of the doors so I couldn't open them and get out.

My mother often told me that I had no fear of anything when I was little, but all that, and my whole life, changed when I had my accident.

At the age of seven, I was walking home from school with Uncle Terry, who was sixteen, and Uncle Gary. We stopped at a traffic light, and when the walk light came on, we began crossing the road, with Terry and Gary in the lead. I wasn't holding the book I was carrying properly, and it slipped out of my hands and dropped to the ground. I stopped and bent to pick it up, but I didn't notice a car coming, and the driver didn't see me or the red light and didn't stop. Her car hit me.

The car sent my little body flying through the air, and I landed on the ground a few metres in front of the car. I was unconscious.

While I was unconscious, I had what I can only describe as a near-death experience. I will always remember this vividly, as it seemed so real. I envisioned a luminous being, which I believe was an angel, although I don't remember seeing wings. She was the most beautiful lady I have ever seen: she was tall and had striking blue eyes and long, flowing blonde hair. She embraced me, and as she held me, I felt deep love, like the love from my mother only one hundred times more intense. I felt safe, protected, and extremely happy. It was like the angel had always known me and had always been near, as she felt familiar. She comforted me and told me not to worry because everything was fine and I would be all right.

I wanted to stay with her and experience this ultimate bliss forever, but she told me that I had to go back. However, she said that she would always be with me and that from then on, I would be quite different to other children, as I would experience, see, and feel things many other people wouldn't understand. This confused me. Why do I have to go? I thought. Why can't I stay? What does she mean?

The next thing I knew, my eyes were open. It all seemed like some kind of dream, but at the same time it felt very real, and my confusion remained. Then, all of a sudden, I felt intense pain and could not talk, and I saw blood all over me. The car must have hit me in the face first. I had sustained a bad concussion, a fractured jaw, broken teeth, and many bad bruises, cuts, scratches, and other wounds. Terry had told Gary to run home to get my nan, and Terry then rushed over to me. I'm not sure how long I was unconscious, but I estimate almost ten minutes, as it would have taken Gary that long to go home, get Nan, and come back. Nan was there just after I came to.

Terry sat on the ground with me trying to hold me as he cried and yelled at the woman who had hit me. I'm told that she said she hadn't seen the red light or me because the sun was in her eyes, but looking back now, I realize that the sun would have been behind her at the time of the accident, so she must not have been paying proper attention. She was also crying, and I think she was in shock as well; she kept saying, "I'm so sorry!"

On-lookers were everywhere, and some tried to help. Uncle Terry seemed to be the most upset. I was in a daze as this all happened, and I kept looking for the angel I had seen, thinking, Where did that lady go?

A moment later, Gary returned with Nan and Pop, and the next thing I knew, I was being picked up by Pop and put into the back seat of the car that had hit me. They had decided not to wait for an ambulance, as the hospital wasn't far away. I lay on the back seat with my head on Nan's lap, and she held a towel or cloth to my head to staunch the bleeding.

Back at the scene, Pop took my uncles home and called my mum at work, and then they picked my mum up and came to the hospital. The doctors cleaned up the blood and tended to my injuries, including wiring my jaw. I visited the dental hospital in Sydney many times after this to have my teeth fixed.

The doctor said I was quite a little miracle; he was amazed that I hadn't sustained major injuries or been killed, but I knew the angel had saved me. I stayed in the hospital overnight, and the next day, I was allowed to go home with bandages wrapped around my head and over the abrasions on my arms and legs. I still felt a lot of pain and had to have a few weeks off school. Because my jaw was wired, I had trouble talking and took my food through a straw, which was horrible, but I did get to eat lots of ice cream, which was good.

Following the accident, I was different from other children; it was like something inside me had changed. I was no longer a bright, bubbly, outgoing child who was adventurous and knew no fear; I became a lot more quiet, reserved, timid, and even more sensitive.

At night, I had vivid dreams of spiritual beings, particularly the angel who had been with me through the accident. She connected with me regularly throughout my childhood. She was very much like a mother protecting her child from harm, so loving and caring, and she was so beautiful, always smiling and radiating gold and white light. The dreams seemed real, but when I told Mum and Nan about them, they would say, "It is only a dream, and dreams aren't real." I started to draw, paint, and collect statues of angels. I was still unsure of what these experiences meant, but I knew deep down inside the spiritual beings I saw protected and divinely guided me.

Not long after the dreams began, I started seeing angels and spirits when I was awake as well. At first I sometimes saw faces when I looked into dark rooms, shadowy places, or windows at night. As I lay in bed at night, I also saw these faces, but they weren't frightening at all. They would smile and watch me, and I somehow knew they were nice and meant no harm.

Then, after a while, the faces became people, and I could see them at any time of day or night. At first they stood around not doing much, but before long, they sat and talked with me. These spirits and angels comforted me and reassured me that everything was okay. Most of the time I thought of these spiritual entities as real people who were there in the room with me and talking to me like any other person. I was never afraid of them, and I always felt love from them.

I didn't understand these experiences, and when I tried to explain to my mother what was going on, she took me to doctors, counsellors, and psychologists to figure out what was happening. She explained that I talked to people when no one was there, like I had imaginary friends. Each professional then asked me who I was talking to, and I told them that I talked to people all the time but no one else could see them. These professionals believed it was all in my head, and said to my mum I was an overly emotional child with a very vivid imagination affected by the accident, but they assured my mum this was nothing to worry about and that I would grow out of it.

By this time, I saw spirits everywhere, including at school, and school became quite difficult. I picked up the emotions and energies of others, receiving insights into other people's lives that could be quite disturbing, to the point that I even fainted. I could hear voices and would see images of people at different times in their lives, some I knew and some I had never seen before. Often I would look at someone and they had other people standing around them. They smiled at me, and I didn't realize they were actually spirits. When I tried to tell people anything about this, they thought I was crazy. No one believed me.

Before long, the kids talked about me, and many of them teased me, called me names, and laughed at me. This affected me deeply and made me scared to talk about it. The kids stayed away from me unless they were making fun of me. There were three particularly nasty girls who seemed to go out of their way to bully me, and they continued to do so for many years throughout primary school and into high school. I hated them, and I hated going to school because of the fear that they would pick on me. The bullying affected me deeply, and I would often cry because of it, and it made me scared to talk about my experiences.

Uncle Gary did his best to help me fit in and to involve me in activities with his friends, and this helped me a lot. Gary had become very outgoing, so I felt safe when with him, as I didn't have to talk to others about what I was experiencing. However, more and more, I refused to go to school and thus spent a lot of time at home. This was fine with me since no one could hurt me or tease me there, but Mum got angry and yelled at me for not wanting to go to school. This upset me and made me cry, and I would spend most of the day in my room afterwards. But I was never truly alone, as angels and spirits were always near me, and staying home gave me time to get to know them better.

I became quite lonely and isolated, as I kept away from the other kids. My fainting spells became quite frequent when I did go to school, and I spent a lot of time in the sick bay. Thinking back, I now see that these fainting episodes as a coping mechanism, a protective defence, but they also gave my schoolmates another reason to tease me.

The accident really affected Uncle Terry as well. He blamed himself for what had happened to me and suffered from severe depression, and he used drugs as an escape from his guilt. He eventually became addicted and moved out of Nan and Pop's place. About ten years after the accident, when he was twenty-seven and living in Melbourne, he committed suicide by hanging himself.

Out of all of the spirits who visited me, four in particular, stayed with me most of the time, and I came to learn that they were my guides. The first, Trisha, appeared to be an islander; she looked about forty-eight years of age with dark, tight curls and dark skin with a big beautiful smile. She was also loving and motherly and visited me in my dreams, and often when I was awake. I still feel her presence with me constantly, and I know she is there to help me, especially when I'm upset or going through something major. I see her as being my main spirit guide.

My second guide, Arlenea, is tall and slender with dark hair. She informed me that she lived in the 1700s as a medicine woman or shamanic healer, she healed the poor and the sick, so when I or my friends or family feel unwell, I call on Arlenea for help, and she is always there.

The third guide is Crystal: angelic with blonde hair, blue eyes, and a pure divine essence. She told me she never had an earthly life because she is one of God's divine helpers, sending love and guidance to souls who pass over. She came to help me with communication with spirits and often accompanied spirits who would talk to me.

The fourth guide is Aaron, who appears to be about twenty-eight years old tall and is muscular with fair hair. He is a warrior and protector like Archangel Michael. He protects me whenever I'm in danger, and he gives me inner strength when I need it.

Throughout my childhood, I often saw these guides watching over me, and sometimes I talked with them. I would often look out the window to find them sitting in the tree outside. I now have many more guides and see these four less often than I did when I was young.


Excerpted from Ghost Whisperer Suzie by Suzie Price. Copyright © 2014 Suzie Price. Excerpted by permission of Balboa Press.
All rights reserved. No part of this excerpt may be reproduced or reprinted without permission in writing from the publisher.
Excerpts are provided by Dial-A-Book Inc. solely for the personal use of visitors to this web site.

Table of Contents


Chapter 1: My Origins, 1,
Chapter 2: New Beginnings, 22,
Chapter 3: Finding True Love, 53,
Chapter 4: Building My Business, 93,
Chapter 5: Reaching for the Stars, 110,
Chapter 6: My Thoughts and Beliefs, 127,
Chapter 7: A Practical Guide to Psychic Development, 185,
Chapter 8: Shows and Readings, 226,
Chapter 9: Questions and Answers, 246,

From the B&N Reads Blog

Customer Reviews