Writing a book is on the bucket list of millions of people worldwide, but very few actually finish their book or manage to fulfill other writing dreams such as making a living as a writer.
Many writers fail because they don’t know how to set effective writing goals and how to develop an action plan that will turn their dreams into reality.
Whether you are a complete newbie just thinking about writing your first book or a multi-published author dreaming of becoming a full-time writer or somewhere in between, this book will help you to:
- Learn the difference between dreams and goals,
- Turn your dreams into effective, realistic writing goals,
- Discover what matters most to you about your writing,
- Break down your goals into bite-sized chunks that you can achieve more easily, even if you don’t have much time to write,
- Create an action plan that guides you through every step of the writing and publishing process, from brainstorming ideas to marketing,
- Overcome procrastination, writer’s block, and other obstacles that keep you from finishing your book.
About the Author
Sandra Gerth is a writer and an editor who divides her time between writing her own books and helping other writers revise and polish theirs. She holds a degree in psychology and worked as a psychologist for eight years before transitioning into a career as a full-time novelist—the best job in the world as far as she’s concerned. She earned a certificate in editing from the Academy of German Book Trade and is now the senior editor of Ylva Publishing, a small press that publishes women’s fiction. Under her pen name, Jae, she has published an ever-growing number of novels, novellas, and short stories, most of them in English and in German. Her books have won numerous awards and have been #1 bestsellers on Amazon on various occasions. She’s also the author of a series of nonfiction books for writers, including Goal Setting for Writers and Time Management for Writers.