* Winner of the 2018 Tillywig Parents’ Favorite Products Award *
* Winner of the Independent Press Award, 2018 Picture Books - Ages 4-8 *
* Winner of the Moonbeam Award for Mind-Body-Spirit & Self-Esteem *
* Winner of the Silver Award for best Preschool Picture Book at the Wishing Shelf Book Awards 2018 *
* Winner of the Silver Award for Children's Picture Book, Nautilus Book Award 2018 *
“Listen to your body. It isn’t hard to do. All it takes is a minute, even if you’re feeling blue.”
Golden Sparkles are in every child’s heart, a gift from the universe connecting them to others and to their own feelings. Colourful, energetic artwork by Mateya Arkova, 2017 International Book Awards Winner and 2017 Gold Medal Reader’s Favorite in Children’s Nonfiction, brings to life the adventures of Dahlia, Victor and Bluu as they grow in mindfulness, learning to listen with all of their senses to what their bodies have to tell them each moment of every day.
Through its transporting story and included glossary and exercises, Golden Sparkles offers a brief and beautifully illustrated introduction to key mindfulness concepts such as breathing, being present, and addressing emotions non-judgmentally to children from ages 5 to 10.
This accessible book can be shared by a teacher or parent or read by children on their own to discover and practice a valuable tool that helps them respond to challenging emotions and thrive.