A lot can change in 100 years, but when it comes to pig-farming, Harris still knows best.
A treasure trove of useful, straightforward information, Harris on the Pig offers the finest education in pig management around. Written at the turn of the century, it is jam-packed with practical tips and common sense advice on breeding, raising, and caring for pigs. Inside you’ll find:
- -Detailed information about a variety of pig breeds
- -Practical methods for feeding and avoiding waste
- -Tips on designing and constructing pens and piggeries.
- -Resourceful applications of pig manure
- -Advice on managing thoroughbred pigs
- -And much more
With a healthy dose of folksy humor sprinkled throughout, Harris on the Pig is a pig-farming bible for those who trust in the knowledge of tradition. Harris shares pearls of wisdom that could only be gathered by living a life amongst pigs. If you think you’re ready to operate an efficient, sustainable pig farm, this is the book for you.