This book comprehensively covers state-of-the-art cross-sectional imaging of the larynx. The radiological anatomy of the larynx is described in detail, and the imaging findings in benign and malignant laryngeal disease are extensively discussed. Post-treatment changes are carefully described. The benefit of imaging in the clinical management of laryngeal pathology is highlighted, including its role in patient surveillance after treatment of laryngeal cancer. Furthermore, cutting-edge technical developments, including virtual endoscopy based on multislice CT, dynamic MRI, and functional imaging of laryngeal tumors, are reviewed. This book will enable the reader to achieve a higher level of sophistication in the performance and interpretation of laryngeal imaging studies.
Table of Contents
1. Kathelijne G. Delsupehe and Pierre R. Delaere: Clinical Evaluation of the Larynx.-
2. Frank A. Pameijer and Robert Hermans: Imaging Techniques, Radiological Anatomy and Normal Variants.-
3. Robert Hermans and Ilona M. Schmalfuss: Benign Pathology of the Adult Larynx.-
4. Pawel P. Gruca, Varsha Joshi, and Suresh Mukherji: Radiology of Pediatric Laryngeal Pathology.-
5. Minerva Becker: Malignant Lesions of the Larynx and Hypopharynx.-
6. Robert Sigal: Diagnstic Evaluation of Lymph Node Metastasis.-
7. Robert Hermans and Jonas A. Castelijns: Predicting the Local Outcome of Irradiated Laryngeal Cancer: Value of Pretreatment Imaging.-
8. Robert Hermans: Imaging After Radiation Treatment of Laryngeal Cancer.-
9. Roberto Maroldi, Davide Farina, Giuseppe Battaglia, Laura Palvarini, and Patrizia Maculotti: Imaging After Laryngeal Surgery.-
10. Patrick Flamen: Positron Emission Tomography in Head and Neck Squamous Cell Carcinoma
11. Recent Advances in Laryngeal Imaging:
11.1. Ilona M. Schmalfuss: Dynamic Imaging of the Vocal Tract.
11.2. Emanuele Neri and Carlo Bartolozzi: Virtual Endoscopy of the Larynx.
11.3. Mark Rijpkema and Johannes Kaanders: Functional MR Imaging of Laryngeal Cancer.-
List of Contributors.