Orchestrate the designing, development, testing, and deployment of web applications with SymfonyAbout This Book
- Create a robust and reliable Symfony development pipeline using Amazon's cloud platform
- Cut development and maintenance costs by defining crystal clear features and possible scenarios for each feature before implementation
- Follow detailed examples provided in each chapter to create a task management application
If you are a PHP developer with some experience in Symfony and are looking to master the framework and use it to its full potential, then this book is for you. Though experience with PHP, objectoriented techniques, and Symfony basics is assumed, this book will give you a crash course on the basics and then proceed to more advanced topics.What You Will Learn
- Install and configure Symfony and required thirdparty bundles to develop a task management application
- Set up a continuous integration server to orchestrate automatic builds every time you add a new feature to your project
- Reduce maintenance costs dramatically using Behaviour Driven Development (BDD)
- Create a slick user interface using the Bootstrap framework
- Design robust business logic using Doctrine
- Build a comprehensive dashboard and secure your project using the Sonata project
- Improve performance using Redis, Memcache, and Varnish
- Create customized Symfony commands and add them to your console
In this book, you will learn some lesser known aspects of development with Symfony, and you will see how to use Symfony as a framework to create reliable and effective applications. You might have developed some impressive PHP libraries in other projects, but what is the point when your library is tied to one particular project? With Symfony, you can turn your code into a service and reuse it in other projects.
This book starts with Symfony concepts such as bundles, routing, twig, doctrine, and more, taking you through the request/response life cycle. You will then proceed to set up development, test, and deployment environments in AWS. Then you will create reliable projects using Behat and Mink, and design business logic, cover authentication, and authorization steps in a security checking process. You will be walked through concepts such as DependencyInjection, service containers, and services, and go through steps to create customized commands for Symfony's console. Finally, the book covers performance optimization and the use of Varnish and Memcached in our project, and you are treated with the creation of database agnostic bundles and best practices.Style and approach
A stepbystep guide to mastering Symfony while developing a task management application. Each chapter comes with detailed examples.
|Publisher:||Packt Publishing, Limited|
|Product dimensions:||7.52(w) x 9.25(h) x 0.61(d)|
About the Author
Sohail Salehi is a full stack web developer who is constantly seeking creative solutions for complex problems. He believes that what has been taught as universalities should be considered as a basic stepping stone to reallife challenges. They cannot be used as practical solutions. He learned that a onesizefitsall solution does not work in the IT world. Every business, every coding challenge, and every environment setup has its own signature and requires some tweaking on basic principals to make sure that it receives a reliable costeffective solution.
When he is not staring at his computer screen, he is watching sunsets and sunrises, swimming and surfing in the ocean, and putting his subconscious mind at work by asking creative questions while facing life's ups and downs on a daily basis.