“The business world is changing and what Dan Schawbel has captured in this book is the pulse of the changing branding market.”
- Gary Vaynerchuk, best-selling author of Crush It
There is no job security anymore, which means that the way we manage our careers has forever changed. Now, everyone in the world is your competition and the single greatest differentiator you have is your personal brand. With social media tools, blogs, and mobile applications, there are endless opportunities to become known and connect with other people.
In Me 2.0, personal branding expert Dan Schawbel gives you all the tools you need for building a powerful personal brand that WILL give you a competitive advantage in the marketplace, including:
· A 4-step process for discovering, creating, communicating and maintaining your personal brand.
· How to use all the latest social media tools, including video, blogs, and social networks for job search and career development.
· The secrets to networking effectively – both online and offline.
· Proven branding advice from industry experts and insiders.
Whether you’re looking for your first big job, want to climb the corporate ladder, or are eager to jumpstart your own business venture, Me 2.0 will help you achieve lasting success!
What’s new in the revised edition of Me 2.0
- NEW case studies, from people of all generations, on how they’ve used social media to become well-known brands.
- NEW chapter on how to use the top social networks, including Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter, for job searching, with real success stories.
- NEW insight on how to turn your passion into a business through the personal branding process.
- NEW tools you can use to network professionally and grow your presence, including Google Buzz, mobile branding, and location-based social networking.
- NEW research, examples, and more resources that will support your online brand campaign.
|Edition description:||Revised, Revised|
|Product dimensions:||6.00(w) x 8.90(h) x 0.90(d)|
About the Author
What People are Saying About This
“This book offers a comprehensive guide for leveraging the big three social media features: LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter. In this easy-to-read book, Schawbel offers a variety of branding techniques and tools to maximize job search success. This is a must-read for those who want to create a powerful persona that truly separates them from the competition amidst the war for talent.” - The Washington Post (2011 Summer Reading List For Business Leaders)
“It contains practical ways of harnessing online tools to professional advantage.” - The Financial Times
“You can read it cover to cover for a comprehensive guide to branding in this social media age or you can simply access the section you need in the moment.” - FoxBusiness.com
“Me 2.0 is an easy, thought-provoking read and recommended for anyone who may find themselves back on the job market with only a paper resume as a calling card.” - Entrepreneur
“Me 2.0 is an instruction manual for developing your personal brand and then leveraging that brand to command your career.” - The New York Post
“Me 2.0 provides a comprehensive crash course on personal branding that includes easy to understand tips and strategies, expert quotes, and even a personal branding toolkit.” - Fast Company
“A very detailed and comprehensive guide to employing a full arsenal of mostly online tools - including social networking - to develop a public persona that will enable you to be the go-to person for your area of expertise.” - Miami Herald
“This outstanding, easy-to-read guide shows millennial job seekers how to promote themselves both online and offline via Schawbel’s concept of personal branding, or ‘how we market ourselves to others.” - Library Journal
“Packed with useful tips, Me 2.0 can help anyone sharpen his or her personal brand.” - Daniel H. Pink, New York Times bestselling author of A Whole New Mind
“The Business world is changing and what Dan Schawbel has captured in this book is the pulse of the changing branding market.” - Gary Vaynerchuk, host and founder of Wine Library TV
“[Me 2.0] is well written and logically organized. The book also includes a glossary that is accurate and concise. This was an added feature that added value to the book as a whole.” - ZDNet