Learn to overcome fear, resistance, and the voice of your inner critic, so you can promote yourself and your business confidently!
Hesitation to promote yourself as a self-employed professional, freelancer, consultant, or coach holds you back from achieving personal fulfillment and financial success. When you're reluctant to broadcast your accomplishments and capabilities, your ideal clients never get the chance to find out what you can do for them.
Over the past two decades, the content of this powerful, insightful book has been delivered as a course taken by hundreds of self-employed professionals like you. Now available for the first time in written form, this book will teach you specific, actionable techniques for managing the fear and resistance you have about marketing and selling.
Here's some of what this book covers:
* How fear and resistance to sales and marketing works behind the scenes to sabotage you
* Step-by-step approaches to overcome the seven most common fears of self-promotion
* How to identify when fear, resistance, and your inner critic are running the show
* What you can do to reprogram your thinking about marketing and sales
* Specific techniques you can use to promote yourself even when it scares you
In "Overcoming the Fear of Self-Promotion," you'll find step-by-step lessons and experiential exercises, giving you exactly what you need to continue practicing what you learn. Each lesson is illustrated with examples and personal experiences from students who have taken the course on which the book is based.
Here's some of what you will learn:
* How to recognize fear or resistance in the moment, so you can get past it as it happens
* Discovering your personal antidote to self-promotion fear
* What to do when fear masquerades as procrastination and avoidance
* Proven strategies for reprogramming your inner critic
* Quick fixes to use when fear or resistance shows up
* How to tell people about your capabilities without bragging or being pushy
Don't let fear hold you back from achieving the business and financial success you deserve!
About the Author
C.J. Hayden, MCC, CPCC, is a San Francisco business coach who helps her clients build enterprises dedicated to social benefit and their own right livelihood. C.J. is the bestselling author of Get Clients Now!, Get Hired Now!, The One-Person Marketing Plan Workbook, and over 400 articles on entrepreneurship, marketing, life purpose, and social change.
As a pioneer in the coaching profession since 1992, C.J. was a founding director of the worldwide Professional & Personal Coaches Association (later merged with the International Coach Federation). She was also the founding editor of Being in Action: The Journal of Professional & Personal Coaching. She has taught coaches and coaching for The Coaches Training Institute and John F. Kennedy University.
As a citizen activist and social entrepreneur, C.J. is the founder of the Send Girls to School Project and serves on the board of A Good Deed Tea.
C.J. welcomes opportunities to speak with your group or contribute an article to your publication about the ideas in 50 Ways Coaches Can Change the World.