A practical guide to obtain, transform, explore, and analyze data using Python, MongoDB, and Apache SparkAbout This Book
- Learn how to turn data into insights
- Explore various concrete examples by mixing data and algorithms to discover the things we don't know that we don't know
- Apply Machine Learning algorithms to different kinds of data such as social networks, time series, and images
This book is for developers who want to implement data analysis and data-driven algorithms in a practical way. It is also suitable for those without a background in data analysis or data processing. Basic knowledge of Python programming, statistics, and linear algebra is assumed.What you will learn
- Acquire, format and visualize data
- Build an image-similarity search engine
- Generate meaningful visualizations
- Get started with analyzing social network graphs
- Find out how to implement sentiment text analysis
- Install data analysis tools such as Pandas, MongoDB, and Apache Spark
- Get to grips with Apache Spark
- Implement machine learning algorithms such as classification or forecasting
Beyond buzzwords like Big Data or Data Science, there are a great opportunities to innovate in many businesses using data analysis to get data-driven products. Data analysis involves asking many questions about data in order to discover insights and generate value for a product or a service.
This book explains the basic data algorithms without the theoretical jargon, and you'll get hands-on turning data into insights using machine learning techniques. We will perform data-driven innovation processing for several types of data such as text, Images, social network graphs, documents, and time series, showing you how to implement large data processing with MongoDB and Apache Spark.
|Product dimensions:||7.50(w) x 9.25(h) x 0.70(d)|
About the Author
Hector Cuesta co-founded and is a data-driven product designer at DataNerdsMX, a data science consulting firm in Mexico City. He holds an MSc in Computer Science. He provides consulting services for software engineering and data science and has 10+ years of experience in a variety of industries including financial services, social networking, e-learning, and Human Resources. He is an enthusiast of Lego Robotics and Raspberry Pi and pursues these topics in his spare time.