Psychology is all about relationships, with parts of ourselves and with other people. Astrology gives us a code to learn the raw materials that we and other people are made of so we can better understand the dynamics that play out in our lives and relationships.
Psychology and astrology share a strong, mutually influential, nature/nurture type of dynamic. Uncovering our astrological nature helps us to better understand our unique personality traits and temperament, including our multiple parts and deepest psychological defenses, and to gain insight into why we respond to our unique environments (the nurture) in the particular ways we do.
Psychstrology, or psychological astrology, can help us cultivate more empathy and compassion for ourselves and others, which can lead to truly extraordinary shifts. When it comes to understanding who we are, using both lenses of psychology and astrology together yields much more insight than either one alone. If we are open to receiving its insights, the mirror of psychological astrology can help us uncover our own missing pieces and evolve in more conscious, creative ways.
Dr. Carl Jung appreciated astrology because the archetypal configuration of the cosmos points to the inextricable connection between us as a collective whole. Besides helping us develop more empathy and compassion for ourselves and others, being aware of our interconnectedness is especially important during these divided and uncertain times
This book will empower you to:
- Cultivate more empathy and compassion for yourself and the other people in your life.
- Develop a deeper understanding of your own unique temperament, personality traits, and psychological defenses.
- Identify the benefits and challenges of your astrological nature, and learn how polar opposite signs assist with growth and balance.
- Use synchronicity to align with your true self and the next right step on your path, and to feel more connected with the rest of the universe and the people in it.
- Grow in the direction of balance and wholeness.
For more information, please visit www.psychstrology.com.
|Real Avenue Press
|6.00(w) x 9.00(h) x 0.67(d)
About the Author
Her interest in astrology was first sparked by Linda Goodman’s famous book Love Signs more than thirty years ago. A longtime student of astrology, Stacy has benefited tremendously from using this wise, ancient, and ultimately credible archetypal system to help herself and her clients develop more compassion for their own and others’ natures. The blend of astrology and psychology led her to significantly change her attitude toward her own highly earthy nature, which was no small feat.
Stacy has been a music person since childhood. She has played numerous instruments over the course of her life, starting with piano, and most recently, the drums. Whether listening to it or playing it, music has always been an integral part of her life. Nothing—besides dogs—makes her happier than when she gets to see her favorite bands perform live. She is a huge fan of meaningful connection and good communication, loves to travel with her husband, Jeremy, and has been known to make a game of Cards Against Humanity go on way too long.
Table of Contents
Preface: Therapists as Wounded Healers — The Need to Understand the Pain
I. Lessons from Psychology: The Role of Empathy in the Search for the True Self
1. Attachment, Empathy, and the Need to Feel Seen
2. Individuation — Becoming Your Most Whole, True Self
II. Lessons from Astrology: A Brief Introduction to the Cosmos
3. Your Sun, Moon, and Rising Signs
4. Elements and Qualities of the Signs
5. The Twelve Signs of the Zodiac
6. Saturn Return — Your Moving Walkway for Growth
III. Using Psychstrology for Personal Growth and Relationships
7. Synchronicity and Resonance — Seeing the Patterns in Your Life
8. Using Your Birth Chart as a Mirror
9. Understanding Others and Improving Your Relationships
Epilogue: Hope for the Future
Appendix A: Moon Table
Appendix B: Rising Signs Chart
About the Author