S1000D has become the preferred technical standard for complex technical publications because it offers comprehensive definitions for information captured in XML across the entire product life-cycle. It offers many options that satisfy the requirements of the defense and civil sectors, being implemented for products ranging from small hand-held devices to those that fly, float or move on land.
The availability of these multiple options results in the Specification being considerably large and complex. The frequency with which S1000D is updated, along with the requirement to lower the cost of products in general (and technical publications specifically), have resulted in pressure to accelerate S1000D implementation. To do so, users of S1000D, new and seasoned, must, therefore, learn quickly, and be given access to requisite information regarding its implementation.
Like its predecessor, this resource offers a unique approach to how information on the Specification is usually structured. It orders various Business Rules Decision Points (BRDP) defined in S1000D Issue 4.1 and Issue 4.2 into linear BRDP chains, to provide linear topic maps with clearly emerging associations and occurrences.
This resource can be used:
• To navigate the Specification while learning to work with it;
• To find references on your topic of interest;
• To navigate the Business Rules Decision Points Index in a logical order;
• As a first draft Table of Contents for an S1000D implementation map for your project or organization;
• As a checklist for your project or organization on what parts of S1000D to implement or not;
• To compile easily editable and sharable to-do lists to implement your project;
• As logic or algorithm to feed into a software tool and generate business rules documentation;
• And more.
|File size:||1 MB|