IS YOUR SMALL BUSINESS LEGALLY PROTECTED?
In Smooth Sailing: A Practical Guide to Legally Protecting Your Business, attorney Cheri Andrews lays out the crucial foundational steps ALL small businesses require to ensure their business is legally compliant and protected. By implementing the practical advice included in this book, you can avoid some of the most common legal mistakes made by entrepreneurs-mistakes that could put your business and personal assets at risk.
Smooth Sailing covers various legal topics, including:
· Why choosing the correct business entity matters
· Which professionals to hire to guide you in key areas
· How contracts set expectations, provide legal protections, and minimize risk
· How the right policies and operating procedures protect you from regulatory nightmares
· What intellectual property is-and why you should care
· What you can handle on your own and when you need to call an attorney
Smooth Sailing offers a clear understanding of the key components every business owner must address to be legally protected and compliant. This knowledge allows you to make informed decisions that lead to better outcomes for your business and YOU.
|6.00(w) x 9.00(h) x 0.31(d)
About the Author
As the founder and chief inspiration officer of Highlander Press, Deborah Kevin (pronounced "KEY-vin") loves helping change-makers tap into and share their stories of healing and truth. She's guided dozens of authors to craft and publish impactful books of which they are proud. Debby, a graduate of Stanford University's Novel Writing program, is currently pursuing a master's degree in publishing at Western Colorado University. Her passions include travel, cooking, hiking, and kayaking. She lives in Maryland with her family and their puppy Fergus-that is when they're not off discovering the world.
Hanne Brøter, a multi-disciplinary graphic designer, is the founder and creative genius behind Your Brand Vision and headmistress of Brøter School of Design. Your Brand Vision, a graphic design and visual branding business, is where she creates visual branding for purpose-driven businesses, expressed through visually consistent marketing materials-from websites to business cards. As a book lover, a treasured part of her work is creating book covers and illustrating books. Hanne lives in Norway and works globally.
Table of Contents
2. Choosing a Business Entity
3. Creating Your Limited Liability Company
4. Building Your Team
5. Contracts, Contracts, Contracts
6. Policies and Procedures for Compliance
7. Your Brand Identity
8. Setting Sail
10. Smooth Sailing Business Checklist
About the Author
About the Publisher