Designated a Doody's Core Title!
This book includes comprehensive and unique strategies for teaching evidence-based practice( EBP) for all types of learners across a variety of educational and clinical practice settings. The concrete examples of teaching assignments provided in the book bring the content alive and serve as a useful, detailed guide for how to incorporate this material into meaningful exercises for learners.
About the Author
Harriet R. Feldman, PhD, RN, FAAN, is Dean and Professor at the Lienhard School of Nursing and Chair of the Institutional Review Board at Pace University. She is the Editor of the journal Nursing Leadership Forum. Dr. Feldman has authored more than 60 articles, book chapters, and editorials, is co-author of Nurses in the Political Arena: The Public Face of Nursing, and editor of Strategies for Nursing Leadership and Nursing Leaders Speak Out: Issues and Opinions. She has served in leadership roles in number of professional organizations, including the New York State Nurses Association, the American Association of Colleges of Nursing, Sigma Theta Tau International, Nurses Educational Fund, and on the boards of the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education and Nyack Hospital.
Table of Contents"
- Foreword by Bernadette Mazurek Melnyk
- Evidence-Based Practice in Nursing: What is it? Rona F. Levin
- Our Approach to Teaching/Learning EBP: The Talking Head vs. the Dancing Feet, Harriet R. Feldman and Rona F. Levin
- Teaching Students to Formulate Clinical Questions: Tell Me Your Problems and Then Read My Lips! Rona F. Levin
- Strategies to Teach Evidence Searching: It Takes a Library, Rona F. Levin and Helen Lane
- Synthesizing Evidence and Separating Apples from Oranges, Rona F. Levin
- Teaching Meta-Synthesis: Summarizing Qualitative Research, Theresa L. Panniers
- Teaching Meta-Analysis: Summarizing Quantitative Research, Michael J. Barnes and Rona F. Levin
- Creating Clinical Protocols with an Apgar of 10, Ellen R. Rich and Jamesetta A. Newland
- How to Assess Clinical Protocols for an Evidence Base, Rona F. Levin and Lillie M. Shortridge-Baggett
- Evaluating Educational Outcomes: Measuring Success, Ellen Fineout-Overholt
- Transforming a Graduate Nursing Curriculum to Incorporate Evidence-Based Practice : The New York University Experience, Barbara Krainovich-Miller and Judith Haber
- Incorporating Evidence-Based Practice into Clinical Education for Nurse Practitioners: The Pace University Experience, Joanne K. Singleton, Marie Truglio-Londrigan, and Janet Allen
- Teaching Evidence-Based Practice to Second-Career Nursing Students, Jeanne T. Grace
- Teaching Evidence-Based Practice throughout an Undergraduate Curriculum: Here, There and Everywhere, Rona F. Levin
- Teaching How to Make Accurate Nursing Diagnoses Using an EBP Model, Dina de Almeida Lopes Monteiro da Cruz, Cible Andrucioli de Mattos Pimenta, and Margaret Lunney
- Learning from the Past: Using Nursing History as Evidence, Sandra B. Lewenson
- Why We Need Evidence-Based Teaching Practices, Theresa M. Valiga
- Teaching Evidence-Based Practice in a Hospital Setting: Bringing It to the Bedside, Patricia Quinlan
- Making EBP Part of Clinical Practice: The Iowa Model, Linda Q. Everett and Marita G. Titler
- Using Journal Clubs to Introduce Evidence-Based Practice, Ellen Fineout-Overholt
- Traveling Posters: Communicating on the Frontlines, Priscilla Sandford Worral
Part I: Setting the Stage
Part II: The Basics of Teaching/Learning Evidence-Based Practice
Part III: Teaching/Learning Evidence-Based Practice in the Academic Setting
Part IV: Teaching/Learning Evidence-Based Practice in the Clinical Setting
Annotated Bibliography,Relinie Rosenberg
Glossary of Selected Terms Used in Evidence-Based Practice
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
Hermione Jr is the new Minister's Assistant. Also please make this a fun place by telling your friends about it!!