Marketing often scares entrepreneurs. They've sweat buckets coming up with a valuable product or service, and now they have to sell it? Won't it sell itself? No. But, as marketing expert Bob Everett shows, marketing is just not that hard. At some level, entrepreneurs know that. They know what appeals to them and what leaves them cold. They know when a person or marketing claim is trustworthy, and they know when claims are exaggerated. Yet when it comes to marketing their own products and services to others, entrepreneurs often find it difficult to apply that same judgment and common sense. Everett to the rescue! He helps entrepreneurs position products in the market, then sell them effectively and ethically.
Everett first destroys marketing myths:
• Marketing is difficult and needs to be done by professionals.
• Good marketing has to be expensive.
• Marketing skills require extensive training
• Marketing requires a great deal of creativity
These myths have spawned a multi-billion dollar industry consisting of advertising agencies, public relations firms, marketing consultants, and academic marketing programs in business schools. But as this book shows, marketing is a simple process that anyone can masterand that entrepreneurs must master if they are to succeed. Fortunately, the most effective marketing programs are usually the most honest, simple, and inexpensive. The Entrepreneur's Guide to Marketing is designed to help the entrepreneur, business owner, manager, or marketing professional harness his or her own inner wisdom and personal experience to develop powerful and efficient marketing programs. Both a how-to and a how to think about it book, it takes readers through a step-by-step process of figuring things out for themselves. The result? A successful marketing program that will help entrepreneurs harvest new customers, more dollars, and overall success.
|Series:||Entrepreneur's Guide Series|
|Edition description:||New Edition|
|Product dimensions:||6.10(w) x 9.40(h) x 1.00(d)|
Table of Contents
Introduction: You Are Much Smarter than You Think
1 Marketing Demystified
2. Marketing Applied: A Strategic Overview of Marketing
3 What Do I Want?
4. Your Market and What Iit Needs
5. Your Operational Environment
6. Assessing Your Own Capabilities
7. Identifying and Evaluating Your Competitors
8. Positioning Your Product or Service
9. Pricing Your Products and Services
10. Deciding on Your Marketing Strategy
11. Developing and Delivering Your Message
12. Getting Your Message oOut There
13. Selling Effectively and Ethically
14. Standing by Your Word
15. Calling in the Pros
16. The Final ChapterConclusion
About the Author