In this resource-rich book and teacher’s prompting guide, you’ll find:
- All the planning and instructional tools you need to teach guided reading well, from pre-A to fluent, organized around Richardson’s proven Assess-Decide-Guide framework.
- Prompts, discussion starters, teaching points, word lists, intervention suggestions, and more to support all students, including dual language learners and struggling readers.
- 29 comprehension modules that cover essential strategiesmonitoring, retelling, inferring, summarizing, and many others.
- Plus an online resource bank with dozens of downloadable assessment and record-keeping forms, Richardson’s all-new, stage-specific lesson plan templates.
- More than 40 short videos showing Jan modeling key parts of guided reading lessons for every stage.
- A handy flip-chart guide with prompts, discussion starters, and teaching points for use during guided reading to inform your next step forward.
|Product dimensions:||8.37(w) x 10.75(h) x (d)|
About the Author
Jan Richardson, Ph.D. is an educational consultant based in Wisconsin who has trained thousands of teachers and works with schools and districts to ensure that every student succeeds in reading. Jan’s work is informed by her experience as a reading specialist, a Reading Recovery teacher leader, a staff developer, and a teacher of every gradeK–12.