Content management is a core aspect of every company’s communications, whether intranets and internal digital asset repositories or public-facing product pages and online communities. The book starts with four chapters covering how TYPO3 works, giving you a high-level overview of the most important aspects you should know about, including its community and professional ecosystem. If you’ve never seen TYPO3 before, you’ll learn how to make the most of it and what makes TYPO3 different from other content management systems you may have used before.
You'll then move on to 10 hands-on guides. These step-by-step tutorials show you how to work with TYPO3 CMS. Each guide is self-contained, introducing a scenario, and showing you how to solve a given problem. The guides include references to documentation, examples, code samples, and everything you need to get the job done.
The TYPO3 Guidebook will help you learn how to put your creative ideas online with TYPO3.
What You'll Learn
• Scope, plan, design, and build efficient websites and web applications with TYPO3
• Determine how TYPO3 can work best for you and how to avoid complications
• Implement a project from idea to launch
• Manage client expectations and complete TYPO3 projects on time and within budget
• Understand TYPO3 terminology in practical terms
• Create TYPO3 projects using best practices and configure them efficiently
• Build integrations and features using TYPO3 Core APIs
Who This Book is For
Decision makers, project managers, consultants and developers
|Edition description:||1st ed.|
|Product dimensions:||7.01(w) x 10.00(h) x (d)|
About the Author
Heather McNamee, Open Strategy Partners. Heather is a technical communications professional with an M.Sc. in Learning and Technology. By using her marketing skills for good, she enables the right audiences to find, learn, and get the most out of the products they love. She loves working with subject-matter experts to distill their knowledge so newcomers can be successful. Since 2008, she’s developed hundreds of hours of documentation, learning, and certification materials to facilitate open-source technology and product adoption.
Jeffrey A. “jam” McGuire, keynote speaker, Partner at Open Strategy Partners. Jeffrey helps organizations communicate and grow, finding and telling the stories that connect their technologies with the value they deliver. He builds on more than a dozen years of experience and a strong following at the intersection of open source software, business, and culture. His approach to technology marketingsharing the human context of complex technology solutions, for example, celebrating their creators’ expertise and successhas left its mark in business and open source communities.
Table of ContentsPart 1: Overview.
1. TYPO3 Showroom
2. Designing and Planning with TYPO3
3. Building and Extending TYPO3
4.- Managing and Maintaining TYPO3
Part 2: Hands-On Guides
5. Guide 1 - Installing TYPO3
6. Guide 2 - Creating Your First TYPO3 Site
7. Guide 3 - Extending TYPO3
8. Guide 4 - Planning, Building, and Using Content Elements
9. Guide 5 - Create Your First Standalone Extension
10. Guide 6 - Creating a Password-Protected Members' Area
11. Guide 7 - Translating Your Site
12. Guide 8 - Configure Content Management Workflow and Permissions
13. Guide 9 -Creating a Business around TYPO3
14. Guide 10 - Debugging and Troubleshooting TYPO3
15. A Guidebook to Your New TYPO3 Home
Appendix A. Glossary
Appendix B. References