Uh-oh, it looks like your Internet Explorer is out of date.
For a better shopping experience, please upgrade now.
Theories of Small Groups: Interdisciplinary Perspectives brings together the threads that unify the field of group research. The book is designed to define and describe theoretical perspectives on groups and to highlight select research findings within those perspectives. In this text, editors Marshall Scott Poole and Andrea B. Hollingshead capitalize on the theoretical advances made over the last fifty years by integrating models and theories of small groups into a set of nine general theoretical perspectives. Theories of Small Groups is the first book to assess, synthesize, integrate, and evaluate the body of theory and research on small groups across disciplinary boundaries.
|Edition description:||New Edition|
|Product dimensions:||6.00(w) x 9.00(h) x 0.95(d)|
Table of Contents
Preface - Marshall Scott Poole
1. Interdisciplinary Perspectives on Small Groups - Marshall Scott Poole, Andrea B. Hollingshead, Joseph Mc Grath, Richard Moreland, John Rohrbaugh
2. A Look at Groups from the Functional Perspective - Andrea B. Hollingshead, Gwen M. Wittenbaum, Paul B. Paulus, Randy Y. Hirokawa, Deborah G. Ancona, Randall S. Peterson, Karen A. Jehn, Kay Yoon
3. Psychodynamic Perspectives on Small Groups - Poppy L. Mc Leod, Richard Kettner-Polley
4. The Social Identity Perspective on Small Groups - Dominic Abrams, Michael A. Hogg, Steve Hinkle, Sabine Otten
5. Conflict, Power, and Status in Groups - Michael Lovaglia, Elizabeth A. Mannix, Charles D. Samuelson, Jane Sell, Rick K. Wilson
6. The Symbolic-Interpretive Perspective of Group Life - Larry Frey, Sunwolf
7. Understanding Groups From a Feminist Perspective - Renee Meyers, Jennifer L. Berdahl, Dale Brashers, Jennifer R. Considine, Janice R. Kelly, Celia Moore, Jennifer L. Peterson, Jennifer R. Spoor
8. The Network Perspective on Small Groups: Theory and Research - Nancy Katz, David Lazer, Holly Arrow, Noshir Contractor
9. Traces, Trajectories, and Timing: The Temporal Perspective on Groups - Holly Arrow, Kelly Bouas Henry, Marshall Scott Poole, Susan Wheelan, Richard Moreland
10. Small Groups From an Evolutionary Perspective - Linnda Caporael, David Sloan Wilson, Charlotte Hemelrijk, Kennon M. Sheldon
11. Touchstones: A Framework for Comparing Premises of Nine Integrative Perspectives on Groups - Janet Fulk, Joseph E. Mc Grath