A groundbreaking plan to prevent and reverse endocannabinoid deficiency that changes the way we use medical marijuana.
Cannabis isn’t just for sick people. You have an endocannabinoid system and it’s running on empty.
Just like a vitamin D deficiency can be restored by taking vitamin D pills, an endocannabinoid deficiency can be treated by using cannabis, CBD, or other terpenes. The endocannabinoid system (ECS) is your largest neurotransmitter system and regulates dopamine, serotonin, and all your other neurotransmitters. In Vitamin Weed, neuroscientist Michele Ross, PhD outlines how restoring balance to your ECS is the key to fighting inflammation, pain, aging, and even cancer.
Vitamin Weed will help you:
- Get rid of aches and pain
- Boost energy and reduce stress
- Reduce dependence on prescription pills and drugs
- Improve your mood and find motivation for life
- Teach your body how to heal itself
Dr. Ross explains how endocannabinoid deficiency may be the root of disease and offers hope to patients struggling to find a diagnosis or relief from their symptoms. Whether you have Alzheimer’s disease, fibromyalgia, cancer, endometriosis, Parkinson's disease, depression, anxiety, PTSD, menopause, migraine headache, lupus, psoriasis, or chronic pain, Dr. Ross will guide you how to cannabis, CBD, and other natural remedies to relieve your symptoms and get you back to healthy.
Vitamin Weed outlines a 4-step plan to eliminate lifestyle choices that harm your ECS, foods you can add to prime your ECS for optimal function, ways to manage stress to prevent shutdown of your ECS, and how to add cannabis or CBD to your regimen depending on your local laws and preferences. Vitamin Weed brings new hope to patients, caregivers, physicians, and disease nonprofits struggling without solutions. By combining the secrets of the endocannabinoid system with holistic medicine, Dr. Ross paints a new future where cannabis is preventative medicine and chronic illness is obsolete.
Related collections and offers
|Product dimensions:||6.00(w) x 9.00(h) x 0.90(d)|
About the Author
Dr. Ross received her Doctorate in Neuroscience from University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center in 2008. She was the first scientist to star on reality television in 2009 on the hit CBS show Big Brother. She currently lives in Denver with her husband Todd. More information about Dr. Ross can be found at her website, www.drmicheleross.com.
Table of Contents
What is Your Cannabis IQ?
1. How an Anti-Drug Scientist Fell into Cannabis 1
2. Why You Need This Book 9
3. What is the Endocannabinoid System? 21
Are you Endocannabinoid Deficient?
4. What is Endocannabinoid Deficiency? 51
5. Signs and Symptoms of Endocannabinoid Deficiency 79
6. Why Your Doctor Doesn’t Know About Endocannabinoid Deficiency 93
Cannabinoid Deficiency is the Root of Disease
7. Aging and the Endocannabinoid System 105
8. Cancer and the Endocannabinoid System 115
9. Mental Health and the Endocannabinoid System 135
10. Pain and the Endocannabinoid System 153
11. Women’s Health and the Endocannabinoid System 171
12. Other Conditions and the Endocannabinoid System 195
The Vitamin Weed 4-Step Plan
13. Step 1: Eliminate 209
14. Step 2: Prime 241
15. Step 3: Stress Management 271
16. Step 4: Vitamin Weed 309
About the Author 391