Author Victor Dorff brings you on a journey around the world to explore varying aspects of different religions. With everything from facts to pop quizzes to polls, World Religions offers fascinating trivia about spirituality.
Here are just a few of the interesting facts you’ll find in World Religions:
• Early in the 7th century, a 40-year-old merchant named Muhammad ibn Abdallah began receiving revelations from God. Muhammad’s revelations, which make up the Quran, and an extensive record of his life, called the Hadith, are the two central documents at the core of Islam.
• The Unitarian Universalist Association of Congregations calls itself a “non-creedal” faith, because it accepts people of a wide variety of beliefsincluding theists and atheists.
• For a thousand years after the death of Jesus, his followers were members of a unified church.
• More than 100 million copies of the Book of Mormon have been published in more than 93 languages.
• Dance and music are highly valued in the Hindu world as expressions of divinity.
Ever wonder whether Jehovah’s Witnesses believe in an afterlife? Or what is the largest Roman Catholic church in the world? You’ll find the answers inside.
|Publisher:||Fall River Press|
|Sold by:||Barnes & Noble|
|File size:||5 MB|
About the Author
As an adult, his exploration of faith revealed a broader range of choices. He integrated that journey into his professional lifefrom Stanford Law School to ABC News, from entrepreneur to educator, from Internet pioneer to cofounder of Charity Checks.
Today, Dorff is a consultant and world traveler who teaches math and axiomatic thinking, writes books, and has an Internet column on academic integrity.