A classic textbook and a student favourite, Tidy’s Physiotherapy aims to reflect contemporary practice of physiotherapy and can be used as a quick reference by the physiotherapy undergraduate for major problems that they may encounter throughout their study, or while on clinical placement. Tidy’s Physiotherapy is a resource which charts a range of popular subject areas. It also encourages the student to think about problem-solving and basic decision-making in a practice setting, presenting case studies to consolidate and apply learning.
In this fifteenth edition, new chapters have been added and previous chapters withdrawn, continuing its reflection of contemporary education and practice. Chapters have again been written by experts who come from a wide range of clinical and academic backgrounds. The new edition is complemented by an accompanying online ancillary which offers access to over 50 video clips on musculoskeletal tests, massage and exercise and an image bank along with the addition of crosswords and MCQs for self-assessment.
Now with new chapters on:
- Collaborative health and social care / interprofessional education
- Clinical leadership
- Muscle imbalance
- Sports management
- Acupuncture in physiotherapy
- Management of Parkinson’s and of older people
Part of the Physiotherapy Essentials series – core textbooks for both students and lecturers!
- Covers a comprehensive range of clinical, academic and professional subjects
- Annotated illustrations to simplify learning
- Definition, Key Point and Weblink boxes
- Online access to over 50 video clips and 100’s of dowloadable images (http://evolve.elsevier.com/Porter/Tidy)
- Online resources via Evolve Learning with video clips, image bank, crosswords and MCQs! Log on and register at http://evolve.elsevier.com/Porter/Tidy
- Case studies
- Additional illustrations
Table of ContentsThe responsibilities of being a physiotherapist, Musculoskeletal assessment
An Introduction to Fractures, Management of Burns and Plastic Surgery, Physiotherapy in Women's Health, Biomechanics, Osteoporosis, Physiotherapy in Thoracic Surgery, Cardiac Disease, Management of Respiratory Diseases, Care of the Ventilated Patient, Cardiac Rehabilitation, Pulmonary Rehabilitation, Tissue inflammation and repair, The Physiotherapy Management Of Tissue Healing And Repair, Neurological physiotherapy, Massage, Exercise, Electrotherapy, Pain, Common chronic inflammatory arthopathies, Physiotherapy for Ankylosing spondylitis, The research process, Changing relationships for promoting health
Upper and Lower Limb Joint Arthroplasty, Amputees