What you need to know about your waterproof and dustproof NOOK GlowLight Plus
NOOK GlowLight Plus is IP67 certified, which means it is waterproof in fresh water for up to 30 minutes at a maximum depth of 3.28 feet and protected against ingress of dust, dirt and sand.
What is an IP67 certification?
The IP (Ingress Protection) certification is an international standard that measures a device’s levels of resistance to dust and water. The NOOK GlowLight Plus has been subjected to certified, independent testing to obtain the IP rating of IP67. The ﬁrst digit, 6, indicates the level of protection NOOK GlowLight Plus has against solid objects, including dust. Dust Resistance is rated on a scale of 0-6. The rating of 6 means NOOK GlowLight Plus is “dust tight”, and no dust will enter the device under tested conditions. The second digit, 7, indicates resistance to water. Water resistance is rated on a scale of 0-8. GlowLight Plus’ rating of 7 means it is protected from the effects of fresh water immersion in up to 3.28 feet (1 meter) of water for up to 30 minutes.
The chart below will give you an idea of all the other possible IP ratings a device could have:
|IP Ratings: IPXX (X=DUST, X=WATER)|
|Resistance to solid objects and dust||Resistance to water|
|0||No special protection||No special protection|
|1||Protected against solid objects > 50mm in diameter.||Protected against dripping water.|
|2||Protected against solid objects > 12.5mm in diameter.||Protected against dripping water at 15 degrees from normal.|
|3||Protected against solid objects > 2.5mm in diameter.||Protected against spraying water.|
|4||Protected against solid objects > 1mm in diameter.||Protected against splashing water.|
|5||Protected against dust; limited ingress (no harmful deposit).||Protected for at least 3 minutes against low-pressure water jet spray.|
|6||Dust tight.||Protected for at least 3 minutes against heavy jet spray.|
|7||N/A||Protected in up to 3.28 feet of water for 30 minutes against the effects of immersion.|
|8||N/A||Protected in water depths greater than 3.28 feet against the effects of continued immersion.|
How does this benefit my reading experience?
Worry-free reading. While you should avoid purposefully submerging the device, the NOOK GlowLight Plus has been designed to allow you to read worry-free near wet or dusty environments like the kitchen, bath, or poolside.
How do I care for my NOOK GlowLight Plus?
- Avoid submerging your device to depths greater than 3.28 feet or for more than 30 minutes.
- Avoid exposing your NOOK GlowLight Plus to water moving with force, for example a showerhead, spigot or intense rainfall.
- Avoid exposing your device to liquids other than fresh water such as seawater, salt water, detergent, liquid chemicals or beverages other than fresh water.
- Use in moist environments with extreme temperatures, such as a hot shower or steam room, is not recommended.
- Do not connect your NOOK GlowLight to a USB cable until the USB port located at the bottom of the device is completely dry, as this can cause damage to the device and void your warranty.
What do I do if my NOOK GlowLight Plus gets wet?
- Never use a hairdryer to dry your NOOK GlowLight Plus.
- If the device is exposed to fresh water, shake the device gently with the USB port facing down to remove excess water. Then, using a microfiber cloth, dry the device and the USB port thoroughly. Repeat this procedure until the USB port is completely dry.
- If the device is exposed to lightly chlorinated water from a swimming pool, first rinse the device and the USB port under fresh water. Then shake the device gently with the USB port facing down to remove excess water. Then, using a microfiber cloth, dry the device and the USB port thoroughly. Repeat this procedure until the USB port is completely dry.
Where do I go for warranty, repairs, and customer service?
For additional assistance and information, please refer to the comprehensive User Guide found in the NOOK Library on your device as well as at NOOK.com. You can also contact Customer Service at 1-800-THE-BOOK to speak with a Customer Service Representative.