- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
- Spend $25, Get FREE SHIPPING
NOOK Color Summer Reading Imagination's Destination Sweepstakes OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. MAKING A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. The NOOK Color Summer Reading Imagination's Destination Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes") is sponsored by Barnes & Noble, Inc. ("Sponsor"), 122 Fifth Avenue, New York, New York 10011.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, who are 21 years of age or older at time of entry. Any entries not eligible for any reason will be disqualified from winning the prize. Employees of Sponsor, and its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, and advertising and promotion agencies involved in this Sweepstakes, and their immediate family members (parent, child, spouse, sibling and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and/or those living in the same household of each, whether or not related, are not eligible to participate in or win the Sweepstakes. Void where prohibited by law. All applicable federal, state and local laws apply.
2. HOW TO ENTER: Beginning May 24, 2011 through September 9, 2011 at close of business (the "Entry Period"), return a Summer Reading Imagination's Destination Journal completed by your child to any Barnes & Noble retail store. Entries must be received by September 9, 2011 at close of business. Twenty (20) winners will be chosen at the end of the Entry Period. Limit one (1) entry per person during the Entry Period. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means are void, as are entries that are illegible, garbled, or incomplete.
3. RANDOM DRAWING/WINNER NOTIFICATION/VALIDATION: Twenty (20) winners will be selected in a random drawing at or about 12:00pm ET on September 30, 2011. Winners will be selected from among all eligible entries received during the Entry Period by Sponsor, whose decision is final and binding with respect to all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winner will be notified by email and/or mail. Winner may be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability/Publicity form (where legal) within seven (7) days after winner notification is sent. Noncompliance within this time period, with these Official Rules or the return of any prize/prize notification may result in disqualification and, at Sponsors' discretion, an alternate potential winner may be selected by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entrants. Prize will be fulfilled approximately 1 week after winner validation. Any winner later determined to be ineligible may be required to return his/her prize.
4. PRIZE AND ODDS: Each Winner will receive one (1) NOOK Color. All prize details are at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. No substitution or transfer of prize except in Sponsor's sole discretion; if any advertised prize becomes unavailable, Sponsor may award a substitute of comparable value. Odds of winning will depend upon the number of eligible entries received.
5. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. BY PARTICIPATING, ENTRANT (I) AGREES TO RELEASE AND HOLD SPONSOR, ITS PARENT, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, AND ADVERTISING AND PROMOTION AGENCIES, AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES AND ASSIGNS (COLLECTIVELY, THE "RELEASED PARTIES"), HARMLESS AGAINST ANY AND ALL CLAIMS AND LIABILITY ARISING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, OUT OF PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES OR MISUSE, NONUSE OR USE OF ANY PRIZE (INCLUDING ANY TRAVEL OR ACTIVITY RELATED THERETO); (II) WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO CLAIM PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, ATTORNEYS' FEES OR ANY DAMAGES OTHER THAN ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED TO ENTER; AND (III) AGREES TO BE BOUND BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES. RELEASED PARTIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR INCOMPLETE, LOST, LATE, DAMAGED, INACCURATE, ILLEGIBLE, MISDIRECTED, GARBLED, DELAYED OR UNDELIVERED ENTRIES OR REFERRALS; OR FOR TECHNICAL HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE MALFUNCTIONS OR FAILURES OF ANY KIND, LOST, UNAVAILABLE NETWORK CONNECTIONS, OR FAILED, INCOMPLETE, GARBLED OR DELAYED COMPUTER TRANSMISSION, WHICH MAY LIMIT AN INDIVIDUAL'S ABILITY TO PARTICIPATE.
6. GENERAL RULES: All completed Summer Reading Imagination's Destination Journals become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. By entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant grants Sponsor the non-exclusive, royalty-free, irrevocable rights to use, reproduce, copy, publish, display, distribute, perform, translate, adapt, modify, and otherwise exploit any comments or statements made in the Summer Reading Imagination's Destination Journal by winner's child in any and all markets and media, whether now known or hereafter developed, throughout the universe in perpetuity. Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission to the Sponsor and its designees to use winner's name, city, state, likeness, voice, biographical information and statements, and any comments or statements made in the Summer Reading Imagination's Destination Journal by winner's child for purposes of advertising, promotion and publicity in any and all media, now or hereafter known, throughout the world in perpetuity without additional compensation, notification or permission, unless prohibited by law. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion, to cancel, suspend or modify the Sweepstakes, or to disqualify any implicated entrant(s), (and their entries) if any fraud, virus, actions by entrants, technical or other error or problem, or any other occurrence corrupts or affects the administration, integrity, security, or proper play of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In the event of cancellation, Sponsor reserves the right, at their sole discretion, to award the prize in a random drawing from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the time of the event or action warranting such cancellation. In the event this Sweepstakes is cancelled prior to the stated end date, a notice will be posted at www.bn.com/SummerReadingSweeps. CAUTION: Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such entrant to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution. Released Parties are not responsible for any technical, mechanical, printing, typographical, human or other error relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, errors which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries, the announcement of the prize or in any Sweepstakes-related materials; or for any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participating in, or accessing or downloading information in connection with this Sweepstakes.
7. WINNER'S NAME: For the name of the winners, available after October 14, 2011, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: NOOK Color Summer Reading Imagination's Destination Sweepstakes Winners List - Marketing Department, 76 Ninth Ave, 9th floor, New York, New York 10011, to be received by April 14, 2012.
8. NO WARRANTIES: Sponsor makes no warranties covering any of the prizes furnished as part of this Sweepstakes.
9. GOVERNING LAW: This Sweepstakes and the rights and obligations of the Sponsor and participants will be governed by and controlled by the laws of the State of New York, applicable to contracts made and performed therein without reference to the applicable choice of law provisions. All actions, proceedings, or litigation relating hereto will be instituted and prosecuted solely within the State of New York, County of New York. The parties consent to the jurisdiction of the state courts of New York and federal court located with such state and county with respect to any action, dispute, or other matter pertaining to or arising out of this Sweepstakes.
11. NO IMPLIED ENDORSEMENT: The names of individuals, groups, companies, products and services mentioned herein, and any corresponding likenesses, logos and images thereof reproduced herein, have been used for identification purposes only and may be the copyrighted properties and trademarks of their respective owners. The mention of any individual, group or company, or the inclusion of a product or service as the prize, does not imply any association with or endorsement by such individual, group or company or the manufacturer or distributor of such product or service and, except as otherwise indicated, no association or endorsement is intended or should be inferred.