AdvancED Flex Application Development: Building Rich Media X / Edition 1by Chris Charlton, R Blank, Omar Gonzalez, Hasan Otuome
Pub. Date: 12/16/2007
Many Flex books cover the basicsthis book does something different, and goes far further. The authors, leading Flash platform developers at Almer/Blank, working with Adobe User Group communities, are the creators of the Rich Media Exchange (RMX), a social media network for Adobe developers. In covering just how the RMX was built, this book contains all the
Many Flex books cover the basicsthis book does something different, and goes far further. The authors, leading Flash platform developers at Almer/Blank, working with Adobe User Group communities, are the creators of the Rich Media Exchange (RMX), a social media network for Adobe developers. In covering just how the RMX was built, this book contains all the knowledge you need to build similar large-scale rich Internet applications with Adobe Flex.
From the inception of the idea through to deployment, the authors show the techniques needed to plan and build advanced applications. You'll learn how to use forms, styles, validators, video, sound analysis, and framework caching, ensuring you make the most of the features introduced in Flex 3.
Powerful applications require solid back ends. This book shows how to hook up a Flex application to PHP back-end systems such as Drupal and OpenAds. You'll learn how various parts of the RMX were built, including the blogs, event calendar, jobs board, and advertising systemelements that come together to really showcase the power of Flex.
The RMX is built by Adobe developers for Adobe developersa rewarding community relationship that guarantees results. The same spirit is carried into this book, with the authors wanting and helping to take you to the next level of Flash application development.
What you’ll learn
- Effectively plan, wireframe, specify, develop, and release large-scale Flex applications, and discover what other development tools you'll want to start using immediately
- Make your Flex applications look less like Flex with advanced styling and skinning techniques
- Harness advanced Flex form features, including coding validators and building your custom form components
- Implement a robust advertising system for a Flex application using OpenAds
- Build powerful, custom multimedia players in Flex, including video players with the native VideoDisplay class and from scratch, and music players with advanced sound visualization
Who this book is for
Office and SharePoint 2007 User’s Guide: Integrating SharePoint with Excel, Outlook, Access and Word is a perfect reference for everyone who works at a company or organization that is using or planning to use either Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 or Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 and who wants to make a difference by developing content, collaboration, and benefiting from the synergism working with several Microsoft products can provide.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews