Beginning CakePHP: From Novice to Professionalby David Golding
CakePHP is a leading PHPbased web app development framework. When asking a question on forums or chat rooms, many CakePHP beginners get little help from the experts. Simple questions can get a response like, “Well, just read the online manual and API.” Unfortunately, the online manual is depreciated, and who wants to absorb a programming language… See more details below
CakePHP is a leading PHPbased web app development framework. When asking a question on forums or chat rooms, many CakePHP beginners get little help from the experts. Simple questions can get a response like, “Well, just read the online manual and API.” Unfortunately, the online manual is depreciated, and who wants to absorb a programming language or framework from an API? Beginning CakePHP will do the following:
- Lead you from a basic setup of CakePHP to building a couple applications that will highlight CakePHP’s functionality and capabilities without delving too deeply into the PHP language, but rather what the CakePHP framework can offer the developer.
- Teach you to use CakePHP by incorporating advanced features into your web development projects.
- Target beginners of CakePHP or web frameworks in general as well as experienced developers with limited exposure to CakePHP. A secondary audience may include developers undecided on adopting CakePHP or business managers trying to assess the value of incorporating CakePHP into their toolbox.
What you’ll learn
- Install and configure the CakePHP web framework
- Create your first CakePHP web application: todo lists
- Progress by building a more complex blogging application
- Incorporate Ajax and Web 2.0 principles and techniques into your blogging and other CakePHP applications
- Apply these sample applications along with advanced techniques as a framework or template for building your own web applications with CakePHP going forward
Who this book is for
This book will speak to an audience of developers already familiar with PHP but who may not be PHP experts. This book is tailored for those new to CakePHP and who want a thorough tutorial.
Table of Contents
- Installing and Running CakePHP
- Creating a To-Do List Application
- Naming Files and Designing the Database
- Creating Simple Views and Baking in the Console
- Customizing Views
- Working with Controllers and Models
- Implementing Ajax Features
- Components and Utilities
- DataSources and Behaviors
- Wrapping Up the Application
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >