Pro Oracle Spatial for Oracle Database 11g / Edition 1by Ravikanth Kothuri, Albert Godfrind, Euro Beinat
Now available in paperback
Pro Oracle Spatial for Oracle Database 11g shows how to take advantage of Oracle Databases builtin feature set for working with locationbased data. A great deal of the information used in business today is associated with location in some way, and analysis of that data is becoming ever more important in today's/b>… See more details below
Now available in paperback
Pro Oracle Spatial for Oracle Database 11g shows how to take advantage of Oracle Databases builtin feature set for working with locationbased data. A great deal of the information used in business today is associated with location in some way, and analysis of that data is becoming ever more important in today's mobile and highly connected world. In Pro Oracle Spatial for Oracle Database 11g, authors Ravi Kothuri and Albert Godfrind address:
- The special nature of spatial data and its role in professional and consumer applications
- Issues in spatial data management such as modeling, storing, accessing, and analyzing spatial data
- The Oracle Spatial solution and the integration of spatial data into enterprise databases
- How spatial information is used to understand business and support decisions, to manage customer relations, and to better serve private and corporate users
When you read Pro Oracle Spatial for Oracle Database 11g, you’re learning from the very best. Ravi Kothuri is a key member of Oracle’s Spatial development team. Albert Godfrind consults widely with Oracle clients on the implementation of Oracle Spatial, develops training courses, and presents frequently at conferences. Together they have crafted a technically sound and authoritative fountain of information on working with spatial data in the Oracle database.
What you’ll learn
- About new Oracle Spatial features in Oracle Database 11g, including support for the European Petroleum Standards Group (EPSG) data model, the ability to publish to Google Earth, integration with Google Maps, and much more
- The use of Oracles built-in SDO_GEOMETRY data type for storing locationbased data
- How to geocode your data, beginning with postal addresses and ending with SDO_GEOMETRY objects that enable future analysis as well as forming the foundation of working with spatial data within Oracle
- How to create and display maps to help you visualize and analyze your geocoded data
- About network modeling, which is useful in computing routes, travel distances, and proximity based upon travel time How to optimize analysis of your spatial data by creating spatial indexes and custom operators
Who this book is for
Pro Oracle Spatial for Oracle Database 11g is aimed at software developers who wish to develop applications using Oracles extensive and strong support for working with spatial, or geocoded, data.
Table of Contents
A table of contents is not available for this title.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >