What will the year 2084 hold for youfor your friends, for your family, and for our society? Are we doomed to the grim dystopia imagined in George Orwell’s 1984?
In 2084, scientist and philosopher John Lennox will introduce you to a kaleidoscope of ideas: the key developments in technological enhancement, bioengineering, and, in particular, artificial intelligence. You will discover the current capacity of AI, its advantages and disadvantages, the facts and the fiction, as well as potential future implications.
The questions posed by AI are open to all of us. And they demand answers. A book that is written to challenge all readers, no matter your worldview, 2084 shows how the Christian worldview, properly understood, can provide evidence-based, credible answers that will bring you real hope for the future of humanity.
|Product dimensions:||5.00(w) x 7.30(h) x 0.90(d)|
About the Author
Table of ContentsPreface
1. Two Big Questions: Humanity: Where from and Where to?
2. Narrow Artificial IntelligenceThe Future Is Bright?
3. Narrow AI: Perhaps the Future Is Not So Bright After All?
4. Upgrading Humans
5. Artificial General IntelligenceThe Future Is Dark?
6. The Genesis Files: What Is a Human Being?
7. The True “Homo Deus”
8. Future Shock: The Return of the Man Who Is God
Appendix: Christian Transhumanism?