- Build reports with and without the built-in wizard.
- Build interactive features such as drill-through reports.
- Build dashboards full of charts, graphs, and maps.
- Build mobile reports.
Learn SQL Server Reporting Services and become current with the 2016 edition. Develop interactive, dynamic reports that combine graphs, charts, and tabular data into attractive dashboards and reports to delight business analysts and other users of corporate data. Deliver mobile reports to anywhere and any device. Build vital knowledge of Reporting Services at a time when Microsoft's dominance in business intelligence is on the rise.
Beginning SQL Server Reporting Services turns novices into skilled report developers. The book begins by explaining how to set up the development environment. It then walks you through creating your first reports using the built-in wizard. After showing what is possible, the book breaks down and explains the skills needed to create reports from scratch. And not just reports! But also dashboards with charts, graphs, and maps. Each chapter builds on knowledge gained in the previous chapters with step-by-step tutorials. sql server="" reporting="" services="" is="" a="" skillset="" in="" high="" demand.="" knowing="" about="" can="" help="" everyone="" from="" seasoned="" database="" administrators="" to="" mid-life="" career="" changers="" hoping="" break="" into="" information="" technology. Beginning SQL Server Reporting Services boosts your skills and provides you additional career options. Don't be without those options. Grab and read this book today.
What You Will Learn
- Set up your development environment.
- Organized projects and share components among reports.
- Create report using a wizard.
- Create reports from scratch, including grouping levels, parameters, and drill through features.
- Build interactive dashboard with graphs, charts, and maps.
- Deploy and manage reports for use by others in the business.
Who This Book Is For
Database professionals of all experience levels who have some experience in databases and want to make the leap into business intelligence reporting. The book is an excellent choice for those needing to add Reporting Services to their current list of skills, or who are looking for a skill set that is in demand for in order to break into IT.
|Edition description:||1st ed.|
|Product dimensions:||6.90(w) x 9.90(h) x 0.80(d)|
About the Author
Table of Contents
Part I: Getting Started
1. Getting Started
2. Using the Wizard to Create Your First Reports
Part II: Report Development
3. Understanding Data Sources and Datasets
4. Working with Tables, Controls, and Report Sections
5. Adding Grouping Levels to Reports
6. Making Reports Dynamic
7. Bringing Data to Life Visually
Part III: Deploying Reports
8. Publishing Reports
9. Securing Your Reports
10. Using Report Builder
11. Where to Go from Here