Do you ever feel stressed, anxious, or overwhelmed? As a teen girl, you're under a lot of pressure. Mindfulness can help. Being You explores mindfulness as a simple but powerful way to center oneself and tap into one's own inner wisdom and strength. This book:
- Is packed with 52 activities on mindfulness, gratitude, compassion, and self-acceptance.
- Helps you navigate the pressures of home, school, and the confusing world of frenemies and social media.
- Features inspiring stories of young women who use mindfulness in the visual and performing arts, creative writing, sports, and STEM.
- Includes a wide range of practices and perspectives.
- Includes information about how scientists study the mind and the brain.
You will discover the many different ways mindfulness is practiced around the world. Most importantly, you'll try it yourself. Practicing mindfulness can help you feel happier and less stressed as you grow into the woman you want to become. This book will show you how.
|Product dimensions:||8.80(w) x 5.90(h) x 0.40(d)|
|Age Range:||14 - 16 Years|
About the Author
Catharine Hannay is the founder of MindfulTeachers.org and writes for the Center for Adolescent Studies blog. She has taught for 20 years and holds master's degrees in teaching and communications. Her mission is to help teens and teachers become the best possible version of themselves through practicing mindfulness and compassion.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 Mindfulness is a practice, not a perfect 5
Chapter 2 Savoring pleasant moments 11
Chapter 3 Stressed, depressed, and quite a mess 27
Chapter 4 Monkey mind and lizard brain 41
Chapter 5 One breath at a time 49
Chapter 6 Comfortable in your own skin 63
Chapter 7 Think before you speak… or text or insta anything 71
Chapter 8 Empathy and compassion 87
Chapter 9 An attitude of gratitude 103
Chapter 10 Sharing your gifts with the world 115
About the Author 135