Big-Bore Revolvers offers a one-stop resource for the wheelgun novice to the hardened veteran and everyone in between. With in-depth coverage of commercial and wildcat calibers and their effectiveness, theoretical and actual application of terminal ballistics and a detailed look at today's available revolver platforms, this is the most comprehensive book ever published on the topic.
Inside you'll find:
- A one-stop resource for everything you want and need to know about big-bore revolvers
- Foreword by Dick Casull, modern big-bore revolver pioneer and father of the cartridge that carries his name--the famous .454 Casull
- A comprehensive look at dozens of oversized cartridges, their designers and ballistics
- Detailed descriptions of the power-house revolvers that can handle big-bore loads--even if you can't!
- More than 250 full-color photos, highlighting cartridge comparisons, the revolvers themselves, and the big and dangerous game that are no match for the devastating power of these firearms.
- And much, much more!
With a special look at the pioneers behind the big-bore revolution, and hunt stories as giant as the guns and cartridges themselves, this is one book every handgun lover and hunter will want to read cover to cover. Authored by big-bore revolver aficionado Max Prasac, and with collaboration from John Parker and Jack Huntington, two of the most authoritative names in big-bore revolver circles, this compendium of facts, history and first-hand experiences behind the sights fills a long-vacant niche.
|Publisher:||Gun Digest Media|
|Sold by:||Barnes & Noble|
|File size:||15 MB|
|Note:||This product may take a few minutes to download.|
About the Author
Max Prasac is a member of Handgun Hunters International, life member of the North American Hunt Club, and a Life Member of the National Rifle Association. Max writes a column for Boar Hunter, and Bear Hunting magazines, and is an occasional contributor to the National Rifle Association (NRA) publications, particularly American Hunter.