Eliminate the guesswork involved in writing and deploying a cloud application. This step-by-step guide uses PHP to minimize the complexity of the code and setup, but the tools and techniques can be applied on any platform using any language. Everything that you need to jumpstart your application on the cloud is right here.
Clear diagrams, step-by-step configuration information, and complete code listings tell you everything you need to get off the ground and start developing your cloud application today. This book introduces several cloud architectures and technologies that will help you accelerate your application in the cloud. Chapters cover load-balanced clusters, database replication, caching configuration, content delivery networks, infinite-scale file storage, and cloud system administration.
Cloud computing has dramatically changed the landscape of web hosting. Instead of spending weeks negotiating contracts for servers, new servers can be deployed with the push of a button, and your application can be resized almost instantly to meet today's needs. No matter what size of web application you are developing, you can benefit from modern cloud servers, and this is the guide to tell you how.
What You'll Learn
• Use the cloud and its various platforms with Docker management tools
• Build a simple PHP-based scalable web application
• Create a basic cloud cluster
• Work with Amazon and Google Cloud Platform in your PHP web application development
Who This Book Is For
Developers who have some prior programming experience, including PHP, and who are new to building applications
|Edition description:||1st ed.|
|Product dimensions:||6.10(w) x 9.10(h) x 0.60(d)|
About the Author
Jonathan Bartlett is a software developer, researcher, and writer. His first book, Programming from the Ground Up, has been required reading in computer science programs from DeVry to Princeton. He has been the sole or lead author for eight books on topics ranging from computer programming to calculus. He is a technical lead for ITX, where his specialty is getting stuck projects unstuck.
Table of Contents
2. What is the Cloud with Docker
3. Setting up a Cloud Server
4. Creating a Simple Web App
5. Setting Up a Basic Cloud Cluster
6. Improving Scalability with Caching
7. Database Replication8. Using a Content Delivery Network
9. Using Amazon S3 for Infinite Disk Space
10. Server Management Techniques
11. Linux Security Basics
12. Google Cloud Platform
A. Linux Commands
B. Files and Directories