Uh-oh, it looks like your Internet Explorer is out of date.
For a better shopping experience, please upgrade now.
The bestselling dog training guide - revised edition
Are you at the end of your leash with your dog? Tried everything and nothing seems to work? Don't give up hope-your dog can learn with the simple, proven training methods in this book. DogPerfect has helped thousands of dog owners transform their rowdy canines into well-behaved companions. Now, dog trainer Sarah Hodgson has refined her easy-to-follow, upbeat guide. Up-to-date chapters cover everything you need to know, step by step-from how your dog learns obedience basics to housetraining to dealing with anxiety.
Your dog will learn how to Sit, Stay, Settle Down, Come and Heel like the well-mannered companion you want him to be. DogPerfect is a positive, unintimidating guide that can help any dog owner-especially when the pooch in question is less than perfect. You'll discover how to:
* Use clicker, target and point training to spice up your lessons
* Stop your dog from pulling you down the street
* Teach your dog to Sit while greeting company
* Play fun and instructional games with your dog
* Handle problem barking, chewing, jumping and much more!
|Publisher:||Turner Publishing Company|
|Sold by:||Barnes & Noble|
|File size:||7 MB|
About the Author
Table of ContentsAcknowledgments.
A Welcoming Wag.
Why Bother Training?
1. Who Is My Dog and How Does He Learn?
2. Tools of the Trade.
3. The Teaching Lead and Other Training Strategies.
4. Starting Off on the Right Paw.
5. Basics for Your Best Friend.
6. Out and About.
7. Your Off-Lead Companion.
8. The Encyclopedia of Canine Etiquette.
Kids and Dogs.
Names to Know in the Dog World.