Equine Massage: A Practical Guideby Jean-Pierre Hourdebaigt
Fully revised and updated, this new edition provides step-by-step instructions and more than 180 photographs and diagrams to help riders and professionals alike master equine massage techniques. This authoritative guide provides detailed information about massage movements, pressures, rhythms
A long-awaited update of the classic equine massage reference
Fully revised and updated, this new edition provides step-by-step instructions and more than 180 photographs and diagrams to help riders and professionals alike master equine massage techniques. This authoritative guide provides detailed information about massage movements, pressures, rhythms, and sequences. It includes:
* An introduction to equine anatomy, physiology, and kinesiology
* Practical information on stretching and hydrotherapy
* Four new chapters covering equine myofascial massage, Equine TMJ (temporomandibular joint) Dysfunction Syndrome, Equine Muscular Compensation Phenomenon, and saddle fitting
* A conformation check-up routine
* Information about areas of stress specific to each discipline and different massage techniques and routines for different situations
Equine massage enhances the performance and quality of life of horses by increasing flexibility, reducing stiffness, improving attitude, and shortening recovery time from injury. In addition to its many health benefits, equine massage strengthens the bond between the horse and his owner, trainer, or groom. Using these techniques, you'll learn to "see" with your hands and sense areas that need special attention. Equine Massage, Second Edition is truly a hands-on guide to proven massage techniques that improve a horse's well-being.
- Turner Publishing Company
- Publication date:
- Sold by:
- Barnes & Noble
- NOOK Book
- Sales rank:
- File size:
- 20 MB
- This product may take a few minutes to download.
Read an Excerpt
Meet the Author
JEAN-PIERRE HOURDEBAIGT, a Licensed Massage Therapist, is internationally renowned for his unique Massage Awareness Method. He travels the world teaching his techniques, which are used by competitive and recreational riders, veterinarians and veterinary technicians, physiotherapists, massage therapists, farriers, trainers, and breeders. He can be found at www.massageawareness.com.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews
The book came speedily and in good condition. The book is extremely detailed and I especially love the diagrams.