When you have a decision to make, when your stability is shaken, when your sure-fire plan fails—when everything is spinning out of control…
Esther is the perfect partner for seeing our invisible God in uncertainty. Though she lived centuries ago, Esther speaks to us when we run into limited control and resources. We find in her a strength and fortitude you and I need today. A strength we discover as we follow her process of listen, feel, do, and speak. We’ll see that Esther carved a pathway, not only with faith but with influence, for all women who find themselves walking through uncertainty.
This six-week, in-depth study of the book of Esther is a gritty dive into a woman’s story that teaches us to:
- Listen to wise people who fill our gaps of understanding
- Embrace your feelings as a catalyst for God-directed action.
- Do the work God assigns you even when in doubt.
- Speak up with confidence, knowing that God has a place for your voice in His story.
This study guide includes biblical and historical background insights, Bible study, practical application, and questions for reflection.
In Scribed is a collection of studies that lead women to not just survive but thrive by encouraging them to immerse themselves in the Word of God.
About the Author
- Replace loneliness, rejection, and pain with acceptance, affirmation, and approval.
- Make decisions that lead women to reaching their fullest potential, rather than being a victim to emotionally-based decisions.
- Shift faith in Jesus from a parental influence to a personal, growing relationship.
- Develop and stick to boundaries that protect the heart, mind, and body.
- Communicate with guys and other girlfriends in a healthy and positive way.
In addition to speaking on the national level, Lynn reaches many through her writing as an author of three books, blogger, and devotion writer. As a regular contributor for the Proverbs 31 Ministries’ daily devotions, Encouragement for Today, her devotions reach an audience of over 800,000 subscribers. She has been a regular contributor for The Whatever Girls and The Mom Initiative. Lynn and her husband, Greg, of 30 years, are the parents of three young adults: Zak, Mariah, and Madi. The Cowells reside in North Carolina where they enjoy hiking in the mountains, wearing well-worn sweatshirts and eating anything that combines chocolate and peanut butter.
Amy Carroll is a speaker and writer for Proverbs 31 Ministries and the author of Exhale and Breaking Up with Perfect. She's a woman who loves great stories and challenging ideas, so co-hosting the Grit 'n' Grace podcast has also become one of her favorite things.
Table of Contents
Message from Amy and Lynn ix
Lesson 1 Motives l
Lesson 2 Listen 45
Lesson 3 Feel 83
Lesson 4 Do 151
Lesson 5 Speak 167
Lesson 6 Outcomes 215
Bible Study Tools Quick Reference 245