The heart is where the human soul and God meet.
This is what teachings from Scripture and the mystics reveal: the heart is the temple of God within us and within the heart we hold the key to live a truly divine life. But how do we embody the tremendous love available to us, deep in our hearts?
In Eternal Heart, Carl McColman, author of The Big Book of Christian Mysticism, invites us to create an optimistic, visionary, and imaginative path to personal happiness and fulfillment. Weaving together teachings from the biblical tradition, literature of the mystics, and wisdom of the world's contemplative traditions, McColman engages us in profound, practical exercises for cultivating fuller, more abundant, and more satisfying lives.
The path of Christian Mysticism is a path of both contemplation and action. By unlocking the mysteries in our hearts, we discover a source of divine love deep within us: a power for spiritual growth, and for creating meaningful relationships and working together to change the world for the better.
|Product dimensions:||5.75(w) x 8.75(h) x (d)|
About the Author
Table of ContentsPreface: Why the Eternal Heart?
1. The Human Heart and the Deep Mystery of God
2. Why is my Heart so Restless?
Key Exercise #1: Learning to Read the "Sacred Stories"
Key Exercise #2: the Daily Examen
4. The Secrets of the Heart the Key to a Joyful Life
5. The Temple of the Body Healing the divide between heaven and earth
6. The Inner Vision finding Christ within (and turning him loose)
7. Silence is wisdom, silence is praise
8. Entering the Christian Mysteries