Based on the original twelve-volume set that has become a staple in college and seminary libraries and pastors’ studies worldwide, this revised edition of The Expositor's Bible Commentary series once again gathers the most current evangelical scholarship and resources. Its fifty-six contributors, thirty of whom are new, represent the best in evangelical scholarship committed to the divine inspiration, complete trustworthiness, and full authority of the Bible. This pack includes the 5 volumes covering the New Testament; 8 volumes covering the Old Testament are also available. The thoroughly revised features include:
- Comprehensive introductions
- Short and precise bibliographies
- Detailed outlines
- Insightful expositions of passages and verses
- Overviews of sections of Scripture to illuminate the big picture
- Occasional reflections to give more detail on important issues
- Notes on textual questions and special problems, placed close to the texts in question
- Transliterations and translations of Hebrew and Greek words, enabling readers to understand even the more technical notes
A balanced and respectful approach toward marked differences of opinion.
About the Author
Tremper Longman III (Ph D, Yale University) is a distinguished scholar and Professor Emeritus of Biblical Studies at Westmont College in Santa Barbara, California. He is on the advisory council of the Bio Logos Foundation, and is the Old Testament editor for the revised Expositor's Bible Commentary and general editor for the Story of God Bible Commentary Old Testament, and has authored many articles and books on the Psalms and other Old Testament books.
David E. Garland (Ph D, Southern Baptist Theological Seminary) is William B. Hinson Professor of Christian Scriptures and dean for academic affairs at George W. Truett Seminary, Baylor University. He is the New Testament editor for the revised Expositor's Bible Commentary and the author of various books and commentaries, including Mark and Colossians/Philemon in the NIV Application Commentary, and the article on Mark in the Zondervan Illustrated Bible Backgrounds Commentary. He and his wife, Diana, reside in Waco, Texas.