An illustrated survival guide with step-by-step instructions, a world-wide list of emergency phone numbers, first aid techniques, and detailed description of what-to-do in over 60 medical emergency conditions. Navigate from Table of Contents or search for words or phrases. FREE Basic First Aid, First Aid Techniques, and Bites Chapter in the trial.
Intended for everyone interested in first aid. No previous knowledge of medicine is necessary.
- Fully illustrated.
- Detailed explanations of CPR, rescue breathing and other first aid techniques.
- Comprehensive step-by-step description of what-to-do in over 60 medical conditions.
- Warning signs of heart attack, stroke and other medical conditions are discussed.
- Special sections on wound treatments, wilderness, diver rescue and more.
- Illustrated human anatomy chapter.
- Medical Tests
- World-Wide Emergency Telephone Numbers
- Always have the guide available for a quick reference.
- Consult the guide during an emergency or read it at leisure.
- Search for the words or phrases
- Find the article easily from Table of Contents or A-Z index
Conditions covered by this guide:
Bites: Insect and animal bites and stings | Snakebite | Spider bite | Tick bites and Lyme disease | Removing an insect in the ear canal
Bleeding: Hemorrhage (heavy bleeding) | Nosebleed | Wounds
Bone: Bone fracture | Spinal/neck injury
Breathing: Altitude sickness | Anaphylaxis (constriction of airways) | Asthma | Choking | Diver rescue | Drowning | Hyperventilation | Panic attacks| Sucking chest wound (Pneumothorax)
Cold and flu: Common cold | Flu | Fever | Fever convulsions (febrile seizures)
Diabetes: Diabetic coma | Hyperglycemia | Hypoglycemia (insulin shock) | Ketoacidosis
Head: Fainting | Head Injury | Migraine | Stroke | Anxiety attacks and nervousness
Heat and cold: Heat stroke | Heat syncope | Hypothermia (low body temperature) | Frostbite | Blisters | Dehydration
Internal organs: Appendicitis | Cardiac Arrest | Heart attack | Heart failure | Gastrointestinal bleeding
Loss of consciousness: Convulsion (Seizure) | Cardiac Arrest | Dehydration | Diabetic coma | Drowning | Fainting | Head Injury | Heart attack | Poisoning | Stroke | Shock | Spinal/neck injury
Muscle: Bruise | Convulsion (Seizure) | Cramps | Muscle Strain | Sprain
Pain: Appendicitis | Cardiac Arrest | Chest Pain | Heartburn | Migraine | Toothache
Poisoning: Poison control center | Poisoning | Food Poisoning | Carbon Monoxide | Carbon Dioxide | Poison-ivy and poison-oak | Insect and animal bites and stings | Snakebite | Spider bite | Overdose from drugs | Heroin Overdose | Cocaine Intoxication | Vomiting
Skin: Blisters | Bruise | Burns | Wounds | Tick bites and Lyme disease
Women only: Normal Childbirth | Childbirth - emergency delivery | Miscarriage | Elective abortion