CONFINE YOUR SOFTWARE
Jails are FreeBSD’s most legendary feature: known to be powerful, tricky to master, and cloaked in decades of dubious lore. Deploying jails calls upon every sysadmin skill you have, and more—but unleashing lightweight virtualization is so worth it.
FreeBSD Mastery: Jails cuts through the clutter to expose the inner mechanisms of jails and unleash their power in your service. You will:
- Understand how jails achieve lightweight virtualization
- Understand the base system’s jail tools and the iocage toolkit
- Optimally configure jail hardware
- Manage jails from the host and from within the jail
- Optimize disk space usage to support hundreds or thousands of jails
- Comfortably work within the limits of jails
- Implement fine-grained control of jail features
- Build virtual networks
- Deploy hierarchical jails
- Constrain jail resource usage
- And more!
Strip away the mystery. Read FreeBSD Mastery: Jails today!
“This is the sequel to Git Commit Murder, right ?”
/phk, creator of the jail system