Chris Totten is a Washington, DC–based game designer, writer, and professor. He teaches character development, 3D modeling, and animation for games. Chris has participated in independent game design projects as an artist and animator; written for gamasutra.com and videogamewriters.com; and has been a guest speaker at East Coast Game Conference, GDC China and Dakota State University's Workshop on Integrated Design.
Game Character Creation with Blender and Unityby Chris Totten
Creating viable game characters requires a combination of skills. This book teaches game creators how to create usable, realistic game assets using the power of an open-source 3D application and a free game engine. It presents a step-by-step approach to modeling, texturing,/b>
- LendMe LendMe™ Learn More
A complete guide to creating usable, realistic game characters with two powerful tools
Creating viable game characters requires a combination of skills. This book teaches game creators how to create usable, realistic game assets using the power of an open-source 3D application and a free game engine. It presents a step-by-step approach to modeling, texturing, and animating a character using the popular Blender software, with emphasis on low polygon modeling and an eye for using sculpting and textures, and demonstrates how to bring the character into the Unity game engine.
- Game creation is a popular and productive pursuit for both hobbyists and serious developers; this guide brings together two effective tools to simplify and enhance the process
- Artists who are familiar with Blender or other 3D software but who lack experience with game development workflow will find this book fills important gaps in their knowledge
- Provides a complete tutorial on developing a game character, including modeling, UV unwrapping, sculpting, baking displacements, texturing, rigging, animation, and export
- Emphasizes low polygon modeling for game engines and shows how to bring the finished character into the Unity game engine
Whether you're interested in a new hobby or eager to enter the field of professional game development, this book offers valuable guidance to increase your skills.
- Publication date:
- Sold by:
- Barnes & Noble
- NOOK Book
- File size:
- 46 MB
- This product may take a few minutes to download.
Meet the Author
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews