- Get it by Monday, August 28 , Order by 12:00 PM Eastern and choose Expedited Delivery during checkout.
Gregory of Nyssa provides a concise and accessible introduction to the thought of this early church father with new translations of key selections of his writings. Anthony Meredith presents a diverse range of Gregory's writings:
- his contribution to the debates of the period about the nature of God in argument with a form of extreme Arianism
- his discussion of the nature and work of the Holy Ghost, against the so-called 'Spirit fighters'
- his defence of the humanity of Christ against those who denied it (notably Apollinarius)
- the nature of fate and other philosophical issues.
|Publisher:||Taylor & Francis|
|Series:||Early Church Fathers Series|
|Edition description:||New Edition|
|Product dimensions:||5.50(w) x 8.50(h) x 0.41(d)|
About the Author
Anthony Meredith is Lecturer in Early Christian Doctrine at Heythrop College, University of London and is a Curate at Farm Street Church in the West end of London. He is the author of The Cappadocians (1995)