From award-winning author Wayne van Zwoll, Gun Digest Shooter's Guide to Rifles provides everything you need to know about rifles in tight, lively text and sharp photos. Get the facts on ballistics, cartridge selection, rifle mechanisms, optics, zeroing--and the shooting techniques of the masters.
This book is for all rifle enthusiasts. For the beginner, it's a crash course in all things rifle. And for the advanced shooter, well, let's just say you're going to find out how much you don't know about rifles. Either way, van Zwoll will leave you wanting for nothing except more time on the range and in the field with your favorite long guns. Inside this information-packed volume, you will find:
- The stories behind the American and European gunmakers making the grade today.
- Trending now--rimfires to ARs, distance shooters, and those with big stopping power.
- Overview of incredible feats of the best marksman ever.
- The best loads for hunting and target shooting--and an inside look at what makes them tick.
- Sights from iron to red dot, doping the wind and getting to zero.
- Superb imagery.
|Sold by:||Barnes & Noble|
|File size:||10 MB|
About the Author
Wayne van Zwoll has been shooting competitively and hunting for 45 years, and has published 14 books and more than 2,000 magazine articles and columns on the shooting sports. An expert marksman, Wayne once qualified for the Olympic tryouts in the English Match and two state prone championship titles. He has coached marksmanship and Hunters Education for many years, and is the winner of several writing awards, including Gun Digest's own John T. Amber award.