Hamster Champs is perfect for teaching angles to second, third, and fourth graders. With a few blocks, a board, and a protractor to measure the angles, the hamster champs have built a ramp that lets them fly high! But will this stunt be good enough to outwit Hector the cat?
Kids will love the story and the illustrations by Pedro Martin. Parents and educators will love how the story and pictures make understanding the math concepts a breeze—as well as the concrete examples of how math works. The book contains activities for adults to do with kids to extend math into their own lives.
Math skills are life skills, and the MathStart series supports success!
- This award-winning series by Stuart J. Murphy teaches math through stories and visual models
- 63 books divided into three levels with 21 books in each
- Fun activities kids will love are included to help parents and teachers emphasize the lessons
- Engaging and relatable stories, with each story revolving around practical applications of the math concept presented
- Lively art from top-notch illustrators
- Charts and other visual representations help children understand how the math works and promote deeper comprehension
MathStart's unique combination of stories, illustrations, and visual models helps teachers and parents in the teaching of math and provides all children with the opportunity to succeed.
The math concepts taught in MathStart books conform to state and national standards. Level 1 is Pre-K–Kindergarten; Level 2 is Grades 1–3; Level 3 is Grades 2–4. The series follows math topics across grades so there is a foundational path to learning that runs through the levels.
Help kids with their math skills plus their reading skills with the engaging and fun MathStart series!
Related collections and offers
About the Author
Stuart J. Murphy and his wife, Nancy, live in Boston.
Pedro Martin, a greeting-card artist for Hallmark, also illustrated Don't Know Much About® The Solar System and Don't Know Much About® The Presidents. He lives in Kansas City, Missouri.