Abraham and Sarah. Noah. Rahab. Hebrews 11 gives us a list of role models: ordinary people who trusted God in radical ways. These eight studies on the heroes of faith from Hebrews will encourage you, inspire you and help deepen your own trust in our great God who still keeps all his promises, so that you might live out your faith in radical ways today.
About the Author
Douglas Connelly (MDiv and MTh, Grace Theological Seminary) is senior pastor at Davison Missionary Church near Flint, Michigan, after serving twelve years as senior pastor at Parkside Community Church in Sterling Heights, Michigan. A writer and speaker, he has written seventeen LifeGuide Bible Studies as well as several books, including The Bible for Blockheads and Angels Around Us. He and his wife Karen have three adult children and six grandchildren.
Table of Contents
Getting the Most Out of Heroes of Faith
1. Pleasing God: Abel - Hebrews 11:1-6; Genesis 4:1-12
2. Making Difficult Choices: Noah - Hebrews 11:7; Genesis 6:5-22
3. Believing the Impossible: Abraham and Sarah - Hebrews 11:8-16; Genesis 18:1-15; 21:1-7
4. Anticipating God's Blessing: Isaac - Hebrews 11:17-20; Genesis 27:1-40
5. Faith for the Future: Jacob - Hebrews 11:20-22; Genesis 48:1-22
6. Resting on a Trustworthy God: Moses - Hebrews 11:23-29; Exodus 12:21-36
7. Facing Our Fears: Rahab - Hebrews 11:30-31; Joshua 2:1-21
8. Your Heroic Faith - Hebrews 11:3212:3