"We can all be hero's" is the message entertainingly told in this New York Times Bestselling picture-book biography series, with this title focusing on groundbreaking baseball player, Jackie Robinson (Cover may vary)
Jackie Robinson always loved sports, especially baseball. But he lived at a time before the Civil Rights Movement, when the rules weren't fair to African Americans. Even though Jackie was a great athlete, he wasn't allowed on the best teams just because of the color of his skin. Jackie knew that sports were best when everyone, of every color, played together. He became the first Black player in Major League Baseball, and his bravery changed American history and led the way to equality in all sports in America.
This friendly, fun biography series inspired the PBS Kids TV show Xavier Riddle and the Secret Museum. One great role model at a time, these books encourage kids to dream big. Included in each book are:
• A timeline of key events in the hero’s history
• Photos that bring the story more fully to life
• Comic-book-style illustrations that are irresistibly adorable
• Childhood moments that influenced the hero
• Facts that make great conversation-starters
• A virtue this person embodies: Jackie Robinson's bravery led him to make his mark in baseball history.
You’ll want to collect each book in this dynamic, informative series!