* Configuring an intrusion detection system (IDS) is very challenging, and if improperly configured an IDS is rendered ineffective
• Packed with real-world tips and practical techniques, this book shows IT and security professionals how to implement, optimize, and effectively use IDS
• Features coverage of the recently revised IETF IDS specification
• Covers IDS standards, managing traffic volume in the IDS, intrusion signatures, log analysis, and incident handling
• Provides step-by-step instructions for configuration procedures
|Product dimensions:||7.50(w) x 9.25(h) x 0.75(d)|
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: An Overview of Intrusion Detection.
Chapter 2: Network-Based Intrusion Detection Systems.
Chapter 3: Host-Based Intrusion Detection.
Chapter 4: Handling Alerts.
Chapter 5: Coping with Challenges to IDS.
Chapter 6: Deploying IDS.
Chapter 7: Maximizing Your IDS.
Chapter 8: Sample IDS Deployment.
Appendix A: Understanding tcpdump Packet Headers.
Appendix B: Additional Resources.
Appendix C: Glossary.
Appendix D: TCP/IP Quick Reference.
Appendix E: IDS Product Information.