It is true that opposites attractfor a while. But often as the years go by in our marriages, opposites may also begin to attack. The habits and characteristics we once found endearing about our significant other are the exact things that drive us crazy years later!
Whether you and your spouse disagree about finances, parenting, or how to load the dishwasher, your differences don't need to divide you. They can actually bring you closer togetherand closer to God.
In Keep Showing Up, Karen Ehman shows you . . .
- How to play to each other's strengths as you work on your own weaknesses
- The difference between having a soul mate and having a sole mate
- How to become a faithful forgiver who also forgets
- Strategies for avoiding the social media comparison trap
- Why it's dangerous to mimic a friend's marriage
- How to unearth the magic in the mundane
- Why a spouse who drives you crazy can drive you straight to Jesus
Throughout Keep Showing Up, Karen also includes ideas to implement in your marriage right now, such as powerful statements to speak to your spouse, date-night-on-a-shoestring suggestions, and discussion starters.
Related collections and offers
|Product dimensions:||5.40(w) x 8.20(h) x 0.70(d)|
About the Author
Table of Contents
Author Note 10
Chapter 1 Where Does a Wife Go to Resign? 11
Chapter 2 Embracing Your Sandpaper Spouse 32
Chapter 3 A Trio of Trouble 56
Chapter 4 Duel or Duet? Your Choice 77
Chapter 5 You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin' 100
Chapter 6 Finding Magic in the Mundane 123
Chapter 7 The Mission of Your Marriage 144
Chapter 8 The Setup for Success 169
Chapter 9 Never Stop Starting Over 192
Appendix 1 Verses for When It's You Versus Him 215
Appendix 2 Reality Check Reminders 216
Appendix 3 Questions for Finding Your Ministry as a Couple 219