- Get it by Monday, August 28 , Order by 12:00 PM Eastern and choose Expedited Delivery during checkout.
“Mad world, mad kings, mad composition!”
In one volume, eminent Shakespearean scholars Jonathan Bate and Eric Rasmussen provide fresh new editions of two classic histories: Henry VIII and King John.
THIS VOLUME ALSO INCLUDES MORE THAN A HUNDRED PAGES OF EXCLUSIVE FEATURES:
• original Introductions to Henry VIII and King John
• incisive scene-by-scene synopses and analyses with vital facts about the works
• commentary on past and current productions based on interviews with leading directors, actors, and designers
• photographs of key RSC productions
• an overview of Shakespeare’s theatrical career and chronology of his plays
Ideal for students, theater professionals, and general readers, these modern and accessible editions from the Royal Shakespeare Company set a new standard in Shakespearean literature for the twenty-first century.
|Publisher:||Random House Publishing Group|
|Series:||Modern Library Classics Series|
|Product dimensions:||5.10(w) x 7.90(h) x 1.00(d)|
About the Author
William Shakespeare (1564–1616) was a poet, playwright, and actor who is widely regarded as one of the most influential writers in the history of the English language. Often referred to as the Bard of Avon, Shakespeare's vast body of work includes comedic, tragic, and historical plays; poems; and 154 sonnets. His dramatic works have been translated into every major language and are performed more often than those of any other playwright.
Jonathan Bate is a professor of Shakespeare and Renaissance literature at the University of Warwick. Widely known as a critic, award-winning biographer, and broadcaster, Bate is the author of several books on Shakespeare. He is also the principal editor of the Modern Library’s and Royal Shakespeare Company’s highly acclaimed William Shakespeare: Complete Works.
Eric Rasmussen, a professor of English at the University of Nevada, is one of today's leading textual experts on Shakespeare.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
1. Camp (Copies on the next page) <br> 2-3. Medical Center <br> 4. Food Court <br> 5. Map <br> 6. Nursery <p> 7+ are copies of res 1.