Are you frustrated because you don’t have the exact knitting loom listed in the pattern? Are you still trying to find an elusive purple Knifty Knitter Adult Hat Loom?
Help is here, my loomy friends!
The GoodKnit Kisses’ Knitting Loom Guide is an essential resource book for loom knitters. This book is loaded with information about knitting looms. It’s NOT a “how-to” book that teaches you to loom knit, but it’s a tool to help you find the best loom for your project. You can quickly and easily find the loom you’re looking for in the intuitive, organized charts.
1. Looms by Brand – Each loom maker has a dedicated list that includes all their looms both current and discontinued. If there is a specific brand you prefer you can check there first to see if they make a loom in the size you need. (Discontinued looms are specially marked so you know they are no longer available.)
2. Loom by Gauge – Loom gauge tells you how big your stitches will be. When you find a pattern but don’t have the exact loom the designer used you can look for a loom of the same gauge and peg count. You might be surprised to find that you already have a loom of the correct gauge in your inventory. Both loom gauge and center to center peg measurements are listed in the charts for your convenience.
3. Adjustable Looms – These looms can increase or decrease the number of pegs used when loom knitting in the round. They are great for decreased hat crowns, making multiple sizes of socks and shaping stuffed animals. Adjustable looms are marked in all the charts, but they also have a dedicated section of the book to save you time.
4. Double Knitting Looms – If you love double knitting, this is a must. Now you can find all the looms that can be used to double knit in every gauge from Extra Fine to Jumbo.
5. I also talk about what the looms are made of: Wood vs. Plastic and the pros and cons of both materials.
6. The Loom Gauge Equivalence Chart in the back of the book details the best yarn sizes (both US and UK/Aus sizes) for each loom gauge including the average stitches per inch knitting gauge for each size. I also list the equivalent knitting needles or crochet hooks for each gauge for those that like to convert patterns.
Charts include the Gauge, C2C (center to center peg measurement in inches), Brand, Loom Name/Type, Peg count, whether the loom is adjustable or used for double knitting, and the color of the loom (if plastic) or loom base material. Our goal was to give you as much information about each loom as possible.
This is a must-have book for your loom knitting library. Get your copy today and grab one for a fellow loomer. Believe me they'll thank you!
For more on Kristen Mangus or GoodKnit Kisses visit http://goodknitkisses.com, http://www.youtube.com/goodknitkisses, or http://www.facebook.com/goodknitkissesyoutube
|Product dimensions:||5.50(w) x 8.50(h) x 0.17(d)|
About the Author
Upon experiencing the pains of postpartum, after her third child in 2010, Kristen decided to pick up knitting and crochet books and learn as a form of therapy. The books came in and she studied them and went onward to a late night trip to Walmart. She happened upon a set of Knifty Knitter looms and thought...this looks easier! Having carpel tunnel at the time meant the looms were less strenuous! She found the directions were not so great and was disappointed with the designs. "Why can't loom patterns look like needle versions?!". And so her new journey began. In January 2011 Kristen started the YouTube channel GoodKnit Kisses (known as GoodKnitKisses on YouTube). It has been quite a journey so far and through having 3 kids, a full time career, an YouTube at night it finally became time to jump all the way. In late August 2014 Kristen took the leap of staying home with her kids and working on GoodKnit Kisses (GKK) full time.
Today GKK has over 223K Subscribers and 33 Million views with people getting the help they need and having fun! You can also catch her on Season 8 of the PBS CreateTV shoe Knit and Crochet Now!
"Getting to be crafty and put Design fundamentals together with my own business has been fantastic but helping others learn and grow to be their crafty best is the greatest gift of all!" -Kristen
Table of Contents
- Loom Materials: Plastic vs. Wood
Looms by Brand
Looms by Gauge
- Extra Fine Gauge Looms
- Fine Gauge Looms
- Small Gauge Looms
- Regular Gauge Loom
- Large Gauge Looms
- Extra Large Gauge Looms
- Jumbo Gauge Looms
Double Knitting Looms
Loom Gauge Equivalence Charts