In this high concept psychological suspense novel from the USA Today bestselling author of Somebody’s Daughter, a chance meeting with a woman in an airport sends a man on a pulse-pounding quest for the truth.
Joshua Fields takes the same flights every week for work, his life a series of departures and arrivals, hotels and airports. During yet another layover, he meets Morgan, a beautiful stranger with whom he feels an immediate connection. When it’s time for their respective flights, Morgan kisses Joshua passionately, lamenting that they’ll never see each other again.
As soon as Morgan disappears in the crowd, Joshua is shocked to see her face on a nearby TV. The reason: Morgan is a missing person.
What follows is a whirlwind, fast-paced journey filled with lies, deceit, and secrets as Joshua tries to discover why Morgan has vanished from her own life. Every time he thinks one mystery is solved, another rears its head—and his worst enemy might be his own assumptions about those around him.
|Publisher:||Penguin Publishing Group|
|Product dimensions:||5.50(w) x 8.25(h) x 0.84(d)|
About the Author
David Bell is a USA Today bestselling and award-winning author whose work has been translated into multiple foreign languages. He's currently an associate professor of English at Western Kentucky University in Bowling Green, Kentucky, where he directs the MFA program.
Reading Group Guide
Questions for Discussion
1. Joshua expresses a lot of disenchantment with his job and the state of his life. Do you understand why he feels this way when he’s only in his twenties?
2. Were you surprised that Joshua invites Morgan to have a drink with him in the airport after knowing her for such a short time?
3. Joshua and Morgan quickly open up to each other at the airport bar. Is there something about the anonymity of airports and planes that allow people to confide in one another in a way they wouldn’t in other places? Have you ever had a similar experience?
4. Were you surprised when Joshua changes his plans and follows Morgan onto her plane? Why do you think he does this? Have you ever done something that impulsive?
5. Kimberly Givens is determined to find out what happened to Giles, even as she tries to balance being a divorced mom with her work as a police officer. Do you think Kimberly juggles these competing responsibilities effectively?
6. Joshua is very honest with Renee and tells her what he’s doing when he goes to find Morgan. Why do think he tells her the truth?
7. Simon desperately wants to get back the ring that belonged to his mother. He also says he wants to find his brother’s body and give it a proper burial. Which do you think is more important to him?
8. Joshua works for his dad and turns to him when he needs help. What do you think of their relationship?
9. Do you understand why Morgan feels closer to Valerie than she does to her biological mother?
10. Joshua deceives the police in order to see Morgan one more time—and hopes to learn the truth about the crimes for which she’s been accused. Why do you think he wants to do that?
11. In the airport, Morgan finally tells Joshua about everything that has happened. Were you surprised by her honesty? Were you surprised by what she tells him?
12. Joshua reunites with his father at the end of the novel, and they plan a trip together. Why do you think Joshua wants to spend time with his dad now?